NVIDIA just launched their new GeForce RTX 30 series graphics cards, based on the new NVIDIA Ampere architecture!
Here is a quick primer on what you need to know about the latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090, RTX 3080 and RTX 3070 graphics cards!
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series : Virtual Launch
Thanks to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, NVIDIA founder and CEO Jensen Huang launched the GeForce RTX 30 series in a virtual event.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series : 2nd Generation RTX
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 series graphics cards is built on the new NVIDIA Ampere architecture, giving them 2nd Gen Ray Tracing cores and 3rd Gen Tensor Cores.
- New Streaming Multiprocessors : Delivering 2X the FP32 performance of NVIDIA Turing, and 30 Shader-TFLOPS of processing power
- 2nd Gen RT Cores : Delivering 2X the performance of NVIDIA Turing, plus concurrent ray tracing and compute, with 58 RT-TFLOPS of processing power.
- 3rd Gen Tensor Cores : Up to 2X the performance of NVIDIA Turing, with 238 Tensor-TFLOPS of processing power.
- NVIDIA RTX IO : Enables rapid GPU-based loading and game asset decompression, accelerating I/O performance by up to 100X. When used in conjunction with Microsoft DirectStorage API, it offloads the work to the RTX GPU, improving frame rates and enabling near-instantaneous game loading.
- GDDR6X Memory : Delivers close to 1 TB/s of memory bandwidth, improving gaming performance.
- Custom Samsung 8N Process Technology : Delivers higher transistor density and greater efficiency.
- HDMI 2.1 : Delivers single-cable connection to 8K HDR TVs and monitors for ultra-high resolution gaming.
- AV1 Decode : First discrete GPUs to support hardware decoding of the new AV1 codec, allowing for up to 8K HDR videos at 50% less bandwidth.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series : Founders Edition Cards
NVIDIA will introduce three GeForce RTX 30 Series Founders Edition graphics card models, with a new 12-pin power connector.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
At the top of the stack is the RTX 3090, which NVIDIA nicknames as BFGPU – Big Ferocious GPU. Doom fans will probably disagree…
Priced at a whopping US$1,499, it is a massive three-slot design with a dual-axial flow-through cooler, that is 10x quieter than the TITAN RTX, while keeping the GPU up to 30°C cooler.
With 24GB of GDDR6X memory, the RTX 3090 is up to 50% faster than the TITAN RTX, allowing gamers to finally experience what it’s like to game in the 8K resolution at 60 fps!
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
Starting at US$699, the GeForce RTX 3080 will be up to 2X faster than the RTX 2080.
With 10GB of GDDR6X memory running at 19 Gbps, it will be able to consistently deliver 4K gaming at 60 fps.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
With 8GB of GDDR6 memory, it will be fast enough to handle both 4K and 1440p gaming.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series : Specifications
Here are the known specifications of the three GeForce RTX 30 series graphics cards :
|Base Clock||1.40 GHz||1.44 GHz||1.50 GHz|
|Boost Clock||1.70 GHz||1.71 GHz||1.73 GHz|
|Memory Size||24 GB||10 GB||8 GB|
|Memory Speed||19.5 MT/s|
|Memory Bandwidth||936 GB/s||780 GB/s||624 GB/s|
|Card Power||350 W||320 W||220 W|
|Card Connectors||2 x 8-pin||1 x 8-pin|
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series : Price + Launch Deal
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090, RTX 3080 and RTX 3070 will be available as Founders Edition cards.
In addition, custom boards – both stock-clocked and overclocked variants – will be available from brands like ASUS, Colorful, EVGA, Gainward, Galaxy, GIGABYTE, Innovision 3D, MSI, Palit, PNY and Zotac.
They will be made available at these price points, at these dates :
- RTX 3090 : US$1,499, starting 24 September 2020
- RTX 3080 : US$699, starting 17 September 2020
- RTX 3070 : US$499, starting October 2020
For a limited time, every purchase of a GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics card or system will receive a FREE digital copy of Watch Dogs : Legion.
- How An NVIDIA Founders Edition Graphics Card Is Designed!
- NVIDIA GeForce MX450 : New MX-Class Laptop Graphics!
- How To Setup NVIDIA NULL For G-SYNC Monitors Correctly!
- NVIDIA Image Sharpening Guide for DirectX, Vulkan, OpenGL!
- Death Stranding : How To Get It FREE With GeForce RTX!
- Samsung Odyssey G9 : 49-inch 1000R QLED Gaming Monitor!
- Samsung Odyssey G7 : World’s 1st 1000R Gaming Monitors!
- Dell XPS Desktop (8940) : Premium Desktop PC!
- 31.5-inch Dell S3221QS : Curved 4K UHD Multimedia Monitor!
- 27-inch Dell S2721QS / S2721Q : 4K UHD Multimedia Monitor!
- 27-inch Dell S2721DS / S2721D : What You Need To Know!
- HUAWEI MateBook X Pro (2020) Review : Ultra-Light Beast!
- 2nd Gen NVIDIA Max-Q Technology : What’s New?
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX SUPER Gaming Laptops Unleashed!
- RX 5600 XT vs RTX 2060 (Super) Performance Comparison!
- RX 5600 XT vs RTX 2060 (Super) Price-Performance!
- Tech ARP Mobile GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 19.1
- The Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 37.1
- ASUS ROG Swift 360 : World’s First 360Hz G-SYNC Display!
- NVIDIA TensorRT 7 with Real-Time Conversational AI!
- NVIDIA DRIVE Deep Neural Networks : Access Granted!
- DiDi Adopts NVIDIA AI + GPUs For Self-Driving Cars!
- NVIDIA DRIVE AGX Orin for Autonomous Vehicles Revealed!
Support Tech ARP!