NVIDIA just threw a grenade into the mainstream market with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, built around the new TU116 GPU.
In this article, we will share with you the official NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti tech briefing and Q&A session. We will also take a close look at how it differs from the GeForce RTX series and the older GeForce GTX 10 series.
The Official NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Tech Briefing
NVIDIA gave us a tech briefing earlier. We created a video of that conference call so you can get briefed on the GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, just like we did.
The Official NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Q&A Session
For more information, here was the Q&A session we had with NVIDIA, right after their tech briefing :
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Price + Availability
The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti will have a starting price of $279 – about $30 or 12% higher than the launch price of the GeForce GTX 1060.
It will be available with immediate effect (22 February 2019) from NVIDIA partners. This time, there will not be any Founders Edition. Here are some direct purchase links for your convenience (prices accurate as of launch day) :
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Phoenix Fan OC : $284.99
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Dual Fan OC : $309.99
- ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1660 Ti OC : $329.99
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti XC Gaming : $279.99
- GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Windforce OC : $279.99
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti : $309.99
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1660 Ti : $279.99
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Phoenix Fan : RM 1,319
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Dual Fan : RM 1,479
- ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1660 Ti : RM 1,599
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1660 Ti : RM 1,279
- GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 Ti OC : RM 1,319
- GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Windforce : RM 1,479
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Ventus : RM 1,280
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming : RM 1,490
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Twin Fan : RM 1,249
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1660 Ti AMP : RM 1,349
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Specifications
NVIDIA is pitching the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti as a replacement for the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, so we compared them both below.
|Specifications||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060|
|Architecture||NVIDIA Turing||NVIDIA Pascal|
|GPU||NVIDIA TU116||NVIDIA GP106|
|Transistor Count||6.6 Billion||4.4 Billion|
|Fabrication Process||12 nm FFN||16 nm|
|Die Size||284 mm²||200 mm²|
|Base Clock||1500 MHz||1506 MHz|
|Boost Clock||1770 MHz||1708 MHz|
|32-bit FLOPS||11 TOPS||4.4 TFLOPS|
|16-bit FLOPS||11 TFLOPS||4.4 TFLOPS|
|Texture Fill Rate||144.0-169.9 GT/s||120.5-136.6 GT/s|
|Pixel Fill Rate||72.0-85.0 GP/s||72.3-82.0 GP/s|
|L1 Cache Size||1536 KB||480 KB|
|Graphics Memory||6 GB GDDR6||6 GB GDDR5|
|Memory Clock||3,000 MHz QDR||2,000 MHz QDR|
|Memory Bandwidth||288.1 GB/s||192 GB/s|
|TDP||120 watts||120 watts|
$299 (Founder's Edition)
Next Page > NVIDIA TU116, GDDR6, Power, Concurrent FP + Int Ops
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!