In the lead-up to their major GeForce reveal on 1 September 2020, NVIDIA shared how their team designs and creates the NVIDIA Founders Edition graphics cards!
NVIDIA Founders Edition : What Is It?
NVIDIA Founders Edition graphics cards are designed to be the ultimate expression of NVIDIA’s gaming vision.
They are crafted with premium materials and components, including a faceted die-cast aluminium-framed shroud for strength, rigidity and looks.
Aesthetics aside, they come with an improved cooler built around a radial fan and an improved aluminium heatsink with two copper heat pipes and over 50% more surface area.
They also come with dual FETs for both GPU and memory power supplies, coupled with a low-impedance power delivery network and custom voltage regulators for better power efficiency.
All the better to deliver better performance and higher overclocking headroom, at lower noise levels.
How An NVIDIA Founders Edition Graphics Card Is Designed!
But a lot has changed over the years, and it now takes a combination of expertise in architecture development, thermal, mechanical, electrical, and product design to make it all happen.
To lift the shroud on this process, some of NVIDIA’s best and brightest detailed the art and science behind graphics card design today, with a look towards the possibilities of the future.
In this video, NVIDIA offers a first glimpse at some of the strides they made in designing graphics cards, so that they can reach their maximum potential and remain cool and quiet.
The next-generation NVIDIA Founders Edition graphics cards will feature these improvements :
- Thermal : An airflow-optimised cooling solution, redesigned to overcome existing constraints and move more air through the system for maximum cooling efficiency.
- Mechanical : A stronger mechanical structure, including a new low profile leaf spring that leaves room for a back cover.
- Electrical : A compact electrical design, with a new 12-pin power connector that allows more space for components and cooling, and is compatible with 8-pin connectors in existing power supplies with an included adapter.
- Product Design : A no-compromise, cohesive design that embraces the revolutionary thermal solution while beautifully harmonising each element of the graphics card.
We can’t wait to see what the next-generation NVIDIA Founders Edition graphics card will deliver!
- NVIDIA GeForce MX450 : New MX-Class Laptop Graphics!
- How To Setup NVIDIA NULL For G-SYNC Monitors Correctly!
- NVIDIA Image Sharpening Guide for DirectX, Vulkan, OpenGL!
- Death Stranding : How To Get It FREE With GeForce RTX!
- Samsung Odyssey G9 : 49-inch 1000R QLED Gaming Monitor!
- Samsung Odyssey G7 : World’s 1st 1000R Gaming Monitors!
- Dell XPS Desktop (8940) : Premium Desktop PC!
- 31.5-inch Dell S3221QS : Curved 4K UHD Multimedia Monitor!
- 27-inch Dell S2721QS / S2721Q : 4K UHD Multimedia Monitor!
- 27-inch Dell S2721DS / S2721D : What You Need To Know!
- HUAWEI MateBook X Pro (2020) Review : Ultra-Light Beast!
- 2nd Gen NVIDIA Max-Q Technology : What’s New?
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX SUPER Gaming Laptops Unleashed!
- RX 5600 XT vs RTX 2060 (Super) Performance Comparison!
- RX 5600 XT vs RTX 2060 (Super) Price-Performance!
- Tech ARP Mobile GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 19.1
- The Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 37.1
- ASUS ROG Swift 360 : World’s First 360Hz G-SYNC Display!
- NVIDIA TensorRT 7 with Real-Time Conversational AI!
- NVIDIA DRIVE Deep Neural Networks : Access Granted!
- DiDi Adopts NVIDIA AI + GPUs For Self-Driving Cars!
- NVIDIA DRIVE AGX Orin for Autonomous Vehicles Revealed!
Support Tech ARP!