At IFA 2019, NVIDIA unveiled their ACE reference design for creator laptops, as part of their RTX Studio initiative.
With NVIDIA’s help, we will explain what the new NVIDIA ACE reference design is all about, and how it relates to RTX Studio!
The NVIDIA ACE Reference Design For Creator Laptops
NVIDIA introduced the first RTX Studio laptops at Computex 2019 – basically high-end creator laptops built around their Quadro RTX GPUs using the Max-Q Design philosophy.
To spur the development of NVIDIA Studio creator laptops, NVIDIA is now introducing the ACE reference design.
This reference design allows NVIDIA partners get their RTX Studio designs to market faster. They just have to customise it with CPU and storage options, as well as aesthetics, and they are ready to go!
In creating the ACE design, NVIDIA focused on delivering the most performance in a sleek 15-inch form factor.
The NVIDIA ACE reference design has a few key features :
NVIDIA ACE Thermal Design
- The CPU and GPU are located behind the display
- It uses two ultra-thin titanium vapour chambers to keep the CPU and GPU cool
- It is capable of cooling 300 watts of thermal output, while maintaining a chassis Z height of 25 mm
- It will keep the chassis at ambient skin temperature, with the keyboard cool to the touch
NVIDIA ACE Power Innovations
- It will feature enhanced NVIDIA Optimus technology, that automatically switches between discrete and integrated graphics, depending on the workload
- It will come with a slim 300 watt power adaptor that is half the size of traditional power adaptors
The ACE reference design will feature a professional-grade 4K 120 Hz display, with these specifications :
- 100% Adobe RGB / 97% DCI-P3 colour gamut
- Delta E < 1 colour accuracy
- PANTONE-validated and factory-calibrated
The First NVIDIA ACE Laptop – ASUS ProArt StudioBook One
The first creator laptop to use the new ACE reference design is the ASUS ProArt StudioBook One.
It will be powered by the NVIDIA Quadro RTX 6000 discrete graphics, with these specifications :
- 4608 CUDA cores, 576 Tensor cores, 72 RT cores
- 24 GB GDDR6 memory with 672 GB/s bandwidth
- 11 Gigarays per second, 14.9 TFLOPS, 119.4 TOPS of performance
The NVIDIA Quadro RTX 6000 GPU alone has a maximum graphics power of 250 watts!
NVIDIA ACE Performance
NVIDIA ACE is designed to deliver desktop-class performance in a mobile form factor.
Take a look at this comparison of the ASUS ProArt StudioBook One creator laptop, pitted against a desktop workstation with RTX 6000 graphics.
From what NVIDIA tells us – the ACE design will deliver graphics performance within 10% of their desktop equivalent.
- The Acer Predator Thronos Air Gaming Cockpit Revealed!
- Acer C250i Portable Projector with Auto-Portrait Revealed!
- Bank Swizzle Mode from The Tech ARP BIOS Guide
- Cooler Master MasterBox CM694 Details Revealed!
- The Intel Core Processor Number Guide – What They Mean!
- 10th Gen Intel Comet Lake : 1 Step Forward, 1 Step Back!
- 10th Gen Intel Ice Lake Mobile CPU Features + Specifications!
- The 10th Gen Intel Core Processor Number Guide!
- Here Are The CHEAPEST RTX Super Deals In Malaysia!
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX SUPER : Everything You Need To Know!
- Cheapest Radeon RX 5700 | RX 5700 XT Deals In Malaysia!
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor In-Depth Review!
- AMD Ryzen 3000 Series Price, Availability + Specifications!
- Intel Optane Memory H10 With QLC 3D NAND Revealed!
Go Back To > Computer Systems + Hardware | Home
Support Tech ARP!