Here is the new craze in cryptocurrency mining – GeForce RTX 3060 laptop mining rigs!
Take a look at new laptop mining rigs in China, and find out how much they can make!
GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop Mining : The New Craze!
Supplies of desktop graphics cards are low, and prices are sky-high, and here’s more bad news – miners are coming for the laptops too!
BTCer claims they are all “home-based”, but we have no idea whether they are his, or from different cryptocurrency mining operations.
But in a response to a question, he said that the best way to keep them cool is by putting them in a sort of “tent mode”.
This picture shows four stacks of GeForce RTX 3060 laptops made by Chinese OEM Hasee, powered on (you can see the green light).
Hasee offers a GeForce RTX 3060 gaming laptop that has a starting price of just RMB 6,499 (approximately RM4,089 / US$1,005 / £732 / A$1,309 / S$1,340).
These twenty Hasee GeForce RTX 30 series gaming laptops would cost just over US$20,000.
This seems like a waste of power – leaving their displays turned on. But leaving the display up would definitely improve cooling.
How Much Money Can RTX 3060 Laptop Mining Rigs Make?
A Bilibili content creator Fish Pond f2pool demonstrated how fast someone with a GeForce RTX 3060 laptop can “mine” cryptocurrency.
She plugged in her GeForce RTX 3060 laptop into a power socket at Starbucks, and mined 0.00053009 ETH over 2 hours while she sipped her coffee.
On 5 February 2021, Ethereum closed at US$1,680.497, so she mined enough during her coffee break to make US$0.89 or RMB 5.76.
Not quite enough to pay for her coffee (about RMB 28), but at least the electricity is FREE!
Based on her experience, we can guesstimate that the average GeForce RTX 3060 laptop will be able to produce :
- 0.000265045 ETH per hour
- 0.00636108 ETH per day
- 0.1908324 ETH per month (30 days)
- 2.3217942 ETH per year
So that mining rig with 20 Hasee laptops you saw up there could make, at current prices, about :
- $8.908 per hour
- $213.80 per day
- $6,413.87 per month (30 days)
- $78,035 per year
Chinese electricity costs about RMB 0.545 (US$0.084) per kWh.
Assuming each laptop uses about 250 watts of power (including whatever external fans he may have), that works out to about US$3,679.20 per year.
So his net profit for the 20-laptop mining rig would be US$74,356 per year, at current prices.
That’s an incredible ROI of 30.8% per month, which means he will recover the cost of the entire rig ($20,100) in just under 3.5 months!
This is actually 2.9X higher ROI than the 78-card GeForce RTX 3080 mining rig!
With such great ROI, you can count on cryptocurrency miners to buy up hoards of GeForce RTX 30 series laptops!
- 78-Card GeForce RTX 3080 Mining Rig Powered Up!
- 12-Card GeForce RTX 3090 Gigahash Mining Rig!
- 500 Radeon RX 5700 Cards Destroyed In Fire!
- MSI GeForce RTX 30 Gaming Laptops : Price + Specifications!
- GeForce RTX 3080 Mining Rig Inside A BMW i8 Hybrid!
- AMD Smart Access Memory (Resizable BAR) Guide
- NVIDIA To Introduce Resizable BAR In February 2021!
- Dell UltraSharp 27 (U2722D) USB-C Hub Monitor Revealed!
- Dell UltraSharp 24 (U2422HE) USB-C Hub Monitor Revealed!
- Dell UltraSharp 40 (U4021QW) Curved Monitor Revealed!
- Exclusive : 2021 MBP Will Have MagSafe 3 + SD Card Slot!
- Gaming PC Catches Fire : Was It The RTX 3090 Or The PSU?
- Epic Games Christmas 2020 : 7 More Days Of FREE Games!
- NVIDIA Reflex : How Does It Reduce System Latency?
- Vulkan Ray Tracing (Quake 2 RTX) On AMD Radeon RX 6800!
- Quake 2 RTX Now Supports Vulkan Ray Tracing!
- Apple M1 : How Fast Are Its CPU + GPU?
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti : Faster Than 2080 SUPER!
- Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 37.3
- Radeon RX 6000 vs GeForce RTX 30 : Faster + Cheaper!
- How To Setup NVIDIA NULL For G-SYNC Monitors Correctly!
- NVIDIA Image Sharpening Guide for DirectX, Vulkan, OpenGL!
Support Tech ARP!