Ahead of their official release, GIGABYTE just pulled off the covers on their first Radeon RX 5700 XT and Radeon RX 5700 graphics cards!
Here is a quick look at these two new AMD Navi cards, and the other six models that will be coming along shortly…
The GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5700 XT 8G
The GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5700 XT 8G (GV-R57XT-8GD-B) is based on the AMD reference design.
It has 2560 stream processors, with a 1605 MHz base frequency, a 1755 MHz game frequency, and a 1905 MHz boost frequency.
Its 8 GB of GDDR6 memory delivers a maximum memory bandwidth of 448 GB/s, and the total board power is 225 watts.
Recommended : The NVIDIA RTX Super vs AMD RX 5700 Comparison!
The GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5700 8G
The GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5700 XT 8G (GV-R57-8GD-B) is also based on the AMD reference design.
It has 2304 stream processors, with a 1465 MHz base frequency, a 1625 MHz game frequency, and a 1725 MHz boost frequency.
Its 8 GB of GDDR6 memory delivers a maximum memory bandwidth of 448 GB/s, and the total board power is 185 watts.
Recommended : The ASUS + GIGABYTE RX 5700 Graphics Cards Revealed!
The Other GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5700 Graphics Cards
We earlier shared that GIGABYTE is prepping a total of 8 Radeon RX 5700 models, so these two reference designs are just the first out the door.
In the coming days, they will be introducing the AORUS and GAMING versions of the Radeon RX 5700 XT and Radeon RX 5700, with these model numbers :
|RX 5700 XT||RX 5700|
|GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD||GV-R57GAMING OC-8GD|
Shockingly, GIGABYTE will only release just eight AMD Navi cards. In contrast, they are expected to release a whopping 69 NVIDIA GeForce SUPER RTX cards!
Recommended : How Everyone Got The RTX 2070 SUPER TMU Count Wrong!
The AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series
The AMD Radeon RX 5700 series of graphics cards is built around the new AMD Navi GPU that uses the new RDNA architecture and fabricated on the 7 nm process technology.
Its redesigned Compute Units deliver 1.25X higher performance per clock, and up to 1.5X better performance per watt.
Here is a quick comparison between the Radeon RX 5700 XT, and the Radeon RX 5700 models :
RX 5700 XT
|Transistor Count||10.3 Billion||10.3 Billion|
|Die Size||251 mm²||1 mm²|
|Base Clock||1605 MHz||1465 MHz|
|Game Clock Clock||1755 MHz||1625 MHz|
|Boost Clock Clock||1905 MHz||1725 MHz|
|Peak Performance||9.75 TFLOPS||7.95 TFLOPS|
|Texture Fill Rate||304.8 GP/s||248.4 GP/s|
|Pixel Fill Rate||121.9 GP/s||110.4 GP/s|
|Graphics Memory||8 GB GDDR6||8 GB GDDR6|
|Memory Bandwidth||448 GB/s||448 GB/s|
|Board Power||225 W||185 W|
Recommended Reading[adrotate group=”2″]
- First Six GIGABYTE RTX SUPER Cards + 63 More Revealed!
- The First 19 ASUS RTX SUPER Graphics Cards Revealed!
- NVIDIA RTX SUPER Comparison : Performance, Value, Watt
- The NVIDIA RTX Super vs AMD RX 5700 Comparison!
- How Everyone Got The RTX 2070 SUPER TMU Count Wrong!
- NVIDIA Super RTX Price List + Game Bundle CONFIRMED!
- NVIDIA SUPER RTX : Everything You Need To Know!
- Two EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super XC Sneak Peek!
- EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra Gaming Sneak Peek!
- NVIDIA Ray Tracing Techniques – Showcase + Explanation!
- The First 15 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Graphics Cards!
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Tech Briefing + Q&A Session!
- The Exclusive NVIDIA DLSS Tech Briefing + Demos
Go Back To > Computer Hardware | Gaming | Home