The Dell XPS 13 (9300) features their first-ever InfinityEdge display, with Gorilla Glass 6 protection!
Here is our hands-on preview of this magnificent ultra-light XPS 13 laptop!
Dell XPS 13 (9300) : Featuring The InfinityEdge Display
The Dell XPS 13 (9300) continues the evolution of the XPS 13 line, with an ultra-light chassis built from machined aluminium and woven glass fibre, with Gorilla Glass 6 protection.
With the first-ever InfinityEdge display, the XPS 13 (9300) offers a 13.4-inch display in an 11-inch form factor, that fits neatly on an airplane’s seat tray.
Unboxing The Dell XPS 13 (9300) Laptop
The Dell XPS 13 (9300) comes in a premium white cardboard box. Once you fully unbox it, you will find these items :
- Dell XPS 13 (9300) laptop
- Dell USB Type C to USB Type A dongle
- 45 watt charger with integrated USB Type C cable
- Power cord with localised plug
- XPS 13 9300 Quick Start Guide + Safety and Regulatory Information
Dell XPS 13 (9300) : Hands-On Preview
This Dell XPS 13 (9300) is an eminently thin and light laptop. It offers a 13.4-inch display in an 11-inch form factor that weighs only 1.27 kg, and is less than 15 mm thick.
It easily fits into the smallest laptop bag, and even a large handbag. And when you can fly again, you will love how it fits onto the airplane’s seat tray!
13.4-inch Display In 11-Inch Form Factor
This Dell XPS 13 (9300) model comes with a 4K UHD+ touch display, with a resolution 3840 x 2400 pixels, colour gamut of 90% DCI-P3 and DisplayHDR 400 certification.
Dell also offers a Full HD+ display, with a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels and 100% sRGB colour gamut; in both touch and non-touch options.
All three display options are 25% brighter at 500 nits, and are protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6 against scratches and impact.
Cameras + Security
The thin bezel at the top conceals two cameras – a regular 720p webcam, and an infra-red camera for facial recognition.
So you can either unlock the XPS 13 using the IR camera and Windows Hello, or the fingerprint sensor, which integrated into the power button.
While its 720p webcam may be rather low in resolution, it uses a new 4-element lens for sharper image quality. It also supports temporal noise reduction to improve video quality in low-light conditions.
Our Dell XPS 13 (9300) is powered by the Intel Core i7-1065G7 – a 4-core, 8-thread processor with 8 MB of cache and built-in Iris Plus Graphics.
You can opt for a Core i5-1035G1 or the Core i3-1005G1, both of which come with integrated UHD Graphics.
A redesigned cooler keeps things cool, using a single heat pipe and evaporator design with dual condensers and GORE thermal insulation. The hot air is exhausted through the hinge at the back.
It also comes with 16 GB of dual-channel LPDDR4X memory running at 3733 MHz. The memory is soldered onto the motherboard and cannot be upgraded.
Our unit came with a 1 TB PCIe NVMe SSD, but you can opt for a smaller 512 GB SSD, or a larger 2 TB SSD.
Due to its ultra-slim profile – 14.8 mm at its thickest point, the XPS 13 has very limited ports.
On the left side, you will find a microSD card reader; as well as a single Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type C) port, which supports Power Delivery and DisplayPort output
On the right side, you will find a 3.5 mm microphone and headphone combo port, with a second Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type C) port, which also supports Power Delivery and DisplayPort output.
You can plug the USB Type C charging cable into either Thunderbolt 3 port. But unless you are using it on-the-go, you really only have one free port to use.
The good news is Dell actually bundles the XPS 13 (9300) with a free USB Type C to USB Type A dongle, so you can use your USB Type A drives and devices (including cables) with it.
Keyboard + Touchpad
The Dell XPS (9300) comes an edge-to-edge keyboard, and a 17% larger touchpad for maximum working comfort. The keyboard is backlit, and comes with larger key caps!
Our XPS 13 (9300) comes with the Killer AX1650 module, which offers Wi-Fi 6 connectivity with 2×2 antennas, and Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity.
It is much too thin to support a LAN port, but you can add LAN connectivity using a USB-C dongle.
The two long stripes on both sides of the XPS 13 are not cooling vents, but ports for its 2.5 watt stereo speakers, which are tuned with Waves MaxxAudio Pro.
Its 3.5 mm microphone / headphone combo jack is also optimised with the 360-degree Waves NX 3D virtual surround sound with head tracking.
Finally, its dual microphone array is powered by Waves MaxxVoice Pro, which supports VOIP and is Cortana Farfield-capable.
Battery + Charging
The Dell XPS 13 (9300) comes with a 4-cell smart lithium-ion battery that is rated for 52 Whr.
Dell claims a battery life of up to 18 hours and 49 minutes with the Full HD+ display, and up to 12 hours and 13 minutes with the 4K UHD+ display.
Dell XPS 13 (9300) : Colour Options
Our unit comes in the Frost White colour with an Arctic White woven glass fibre palm rest.
Dell also offers the Platinum Silver colour option, with a Black carbon fiber palm rest.
Dell XPS 13 (9300) : Specifications + Options
|Specifications||XPS 13 9300|
|Display Options||4K touch screen (3840 x 2400)
Full HD touch screen (1920 x 1200)
Full HD non-touch (1920 x 1200)
|Display Features||WLED backlight
60 Hz refresh rate
500 nits max. brightness
35 ms response time
1200:1 contrast ratio
|Colour Gamut||4K : 90% DCI-P3
Full HD : 100% sRGB
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 10 Home|
|CPU + GPU Options||Intel Core i7-1065G7 + Iris Plus Graphics
Intel Core i5-1035G1 + UHD Graphics
Intel Core i3-1005G1 + UHD Graphics
|Memory Options||LPDDR4X-3733 (8 / 16 / 32 GB)
LPDDR4-3733 (4 GB)
|Storage Options||PCIe NVMe SSD (512 GB / 1 TB / 2 TB)|
|Audio||Realtek ALC3281-CG audio chip
2 x 2.5 watt speakers
Dual microphone array
3.5 mm audio jack
|Wireless||Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2×2)
|External Ports||2 x Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type C) ports
– with Power Delivery and DisplayPort
1 x 3.5 mm audio port
1 x microSD card slot
|Fingerprint Sensor||Yes, capacitive 500 dpi sensor|
19.05 x 18.05 mm key pitch
|Touchpad||1300 x 722 pixel resolution|
|Battery||4-cell 52 Whr lithium-ion battery|
|Charger||45 watt USB Type C charger|
|Dimensions||296 mm wide
199 mm deep
14.8 mm thick
|Weight||1.27 kg (touch screen)
1.20 kg (non-touch)
We would like to thank Dell for making us part of the #DellInsideCircle
- This RTX Laptop Mining Farm Could Make $3.5 Million / Year!
- Illegal Bitcoin Cryptomining Operation Seized!
- GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop Mining : Over 30% ROI?!
- 78-Card GeForce RTX 3080 Mining Rig Powered Up!
- 12-Card GeForce RTX 3090 Gigahash Mining Rig!
- 500 Radeon RX 5700 Cards Destroyed In Fire!
- MSI GeForce RTX 30 Gaming Laptops : Price + Specifications!
- GeForce RTX 3080 Mining Rig Inside A BMW i8 Hybrid!
- AMD Smart Access Memory (Resizable BAR) Guide
- NVIDIA To Introduce Resizable BAR In February 2021!
- Dell UltraSharp 27 (U2722D) USB-C Hub Monitor Revealed!
- Dell UltraSharp 24 (U2422HE) USB-C Hub Monitor Revealed!
- Dell UltraSharp 40 (U4021QW) Curved Monitor Revealed!
- Exclusive : 2021 MBP Will Have MagSafe 3 + SD Card Slot!
- Gaming PC Catches Fire : Was It The RTX 3090 Or The PSU?
- Epic Games Christmas 2020 : 7 More Days Of FREE Games!
- NVIDIA Reflex : How Does It Reduce System Latency?
- Vulkan Ray Tracing (Quake 2 RTX) On AMD Radeon RX 6800!
- Quake 2 RTX Now Supports Vulkan Ray Tracing!
- Apple M1 : How Fast Are Its CPU + GPU?
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti : Faster Than 2080 SUPER!
- Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 37.3
- Radeon RX 6000 vs GeForce RTX 30 : Faster + Cheaper!
- How To Setup NVIDIA NULL For G-SYNC Monitors Correctly!
- NVIDIA Image Sharpening Guide for DirectX, Vulkan, OpenGL!
Support Tech ARP!