Dell G7 15 Battery + Gaming Performance, Our Verdict + Award
Dell G7 16 Battery Life[adrotate group=”2″]
The Dell G7 15 (7588) gaming laptop comes with a 4-cell, 56 WHr lithium-ion battery. It supports quick-charging, allowing you to recharge 25% of its capacity in just 15 minutes.
Our review model came with a larger and more powerful 180 watt charger. The lower-end models that use the GeForce GTX 1050 or GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics come with a 130 watt charger instead.
What’s truly impressive is how long it lasted. When we tested its predecessor, the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming, we only managed to game for 45 minutes. The mobile gaming time has more than double with the 2018 Dell G7 15 – we played for just over 2 hours!
Dell G7 15 Gaming Performance
We tested the Dell G7 15 running on battery, and it delivered 2,822 on the 3DMark FireStrike test.
This is not a very good score, but it is the secret of how the Dell G7 15 managed to last 2 hours of gaming.
On Main Power
If you really want the Dell G7 15 to roar, plug it into the main power, and it more than triples its gaming performance. Specifically, it scores 9,916 on the 3DMark FireStrike test – 3.5X higher than on battery power!
The Dell G7 15 (7588) gaming laptop is a refreshing new approach by Dell. Instead of tacking onto the Inspiron line, they rebranded it under the new Dell G line, with a new design.
It now sports a new sleeker design, with beefed-up gaming and cooling performance. Its hexa-core Core i7-8750H processor and GeForce GTX 1060 Max-Q graphics is more than fast enough to deliver high frame rates on its full HD display.
Dell also went with an IPS panel, when many gaming laptops opt for TN panels with a high refresh rate and a low response time. This means you will enjoy better colours and a wide viewing angle, which is great if you do more than just game.
The Dell G7 15 checks off many of the standard gaming features – a backlit keyboard, a solid state drive for fast boot-ups and game loads, a pair of decent speakers, and fast wired and wireless connectivity. To top it off – it has a longer-lasting battery – good enough for about 2 hours of gameplay.
Of course, there are tons of other gaming laptops with the same specifications. What’s really impressive though is its affordability. Even this top-of-the-line model costs less than RM 7,000 / ~US$ 1,750. This is a great deal for those who want to enjoy gaming on-the-go, but could not afford a decent gaming laptop.
The Dell G7 15 (7588) gaming laptop is designed to offer an affordable combination of gaming performance, and they didn’t appear to cut too many corners to do it. That’s why we think it deserves our Reviewer’s Choice Award. Congratulations, Dell!
Where To Buy The Dell G7 15 (7588)
The 2018 Dell G7 15 (7588) gaming laptop is available in four (as of October 2018) configurations, although you can customise it too :[adrotate group=”2″]
- i5-8300H, 8GB DDR4, GTX 1050, 1TB HDD : RM 4,038.99 / ~US$ 1,010 (Malaysia}
- i7-8750H, 8GB DDR4, GTX 1050 Ti, 1TB HDD : RM 4,838.99 / ~US$ 1,010 (Malaysia | US}
- i7-8750H, 8GB DDR4, GTX 1050 Ti, 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD : RM 5,008.99 / ~US$ 1,010 (Malaysia | US)
- i7-8750H, 16GB DDR4, GTX 1060, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB HDD : RM 6,908.99 / ~US$ 1,010 (Malaysia | US)
All Dell G7 15 gaming laptops come with a free Dell Gaming Backpack 15, and free shipping.
Recommended Reading[adrotate group=”2″]
- The Dell S2719DM Ultra-Thin FreeSync HDR Monitor Review
- Dell Showcases New 2018 Inspiron 5000 + 7000 Laptops!
- The 2018 Dell Precision 3000 Series Workstations Revealed!
- Why Dell Precision Is World’s Preferred Workstation!
- The Alienware Wireless Gaming Headset Revealed!
- The Alienware Elite Gaming Mouse Revealed!
- The Complete 2018 Dell Commercial PC Portfolio Revealed!
- 2018 Alienware & Dell G-Series Gaming Laptops Revealed!
Go Back To > First Page | Computer Hardware + Systems | Home
Support Tech ARP!