Take a look at why this cybercafe converted their GeForce RTX 3080 gaming PCs into cryptomining rigs!
Cybercafe Converts RTX 3080 PCs Into Cryptomining Rigs!
The COVID-19 pandemic has decimated the cybercafe industry, with many closing down and selling their gaming PCs and accessories.
However, this Vietnamese cybercafe did something different – they began converting their GeForce RTX 3080 gaming PCs into cryptomining rigs!
The Star Gaming cybercafe in Ho Chi Minh City showed how they were transforming their business due to the COVID-19 pandemic, converting their gaming PCs into cryptomining rigs.
Instead of hosting gamers, the cybercafe is now hosting a slew of new cryptomining rigs.
It is possible that they are also building completely new cryptomining rigs. In this picture, you can see that each rig holds at least eight GeForce RTX 3080 graphics cards.
How Much Money Can Each RTX 3080 Cryptomining Rig Make?
Just how much money can this cybercafe make from their RTX 3080 cryptomining rig?
So eight of them would cost approximately $9,592. Let’s call it a flat $10,000 for the whole 8-card rig, plus power supply.
The average commercial electricity rate in Vietnam is VND 2,666 per kWh (about US$0.12 per kWh). So electricity should cost about $225 per month. Let’s make that $300 per month (+33%) to account for cooling costs.
So each 8-card rig should generate a net profit of US$61 per month or US$732 per year. That doesn’t sound like much, but it’s a pretty decent ROI of 7.3% per annum.
It would certainly be much better than operating a cybercafe with little to no customers due to lockdown / biosecurity measures.
In fact, their costs would be very much lower if they are converting their existing RTX 3080 gaming PCs into mining rigs, with significantly higher ROI.
This is, arguably, a better solution for cybercafes to ride out the COVID-19 pandemic, than to give up and sell out.
- Dell G5 15 5500 Review : Affordable RTX Gaming @ 144 Hz!
- First Look : 2021 MacBook Pro MagSafe 3 + SD Card Slot!
- ZOTAC RTX 3070 Cryptomining : Why The Outrage?
- Dell XPS 13 (9300) InfinityEdge Laptop Hands-On Preview!
- This RTX Laptop Mining Farm Could Make $3.5 Million / Year!
- Illegal Bitcoin Cryptomining Operation Seized!
- GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop Mining : Over 30% ROI?!
- 78-Card GeForce RTX 3080 Mining Rig Powered Up!
- 12-Card GeForce RTX 3090 Gigahash Mining Rig!
- 500 Radeon RX 5700 Cards Destroyed In Fire!
- MSI GeForce RTX 30 Gaming Laptops : Price + Specifications!
- GeForce RTX 3080 Mining Rig Inside A BMW i8 Hybrid!
- AMD Smart Access Memory (Resizable BAR) Guide
- NVIDIA To Introduce Resizable BAR In February 2021!
- Dell UltraSharp 27 (U2722D) USB-C Hub Monitor Revealed!
- Dell UltraSharp 24 (U2422HE) USB-C Hub Monitor Revealed!
- Dell UltraSharp 40 (U4021QW) Curved Monitor Revealed!
- Exclusive : 2021 MBP Will Have MagSafe 3 + SD Card Slot!
- Gaming PC Catches Fire : Was It The RTX 3090 Or The PSU?
- NVIDIA Reflex : How Does It Reduce System Latency?
- Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 37.3
- Radeon RX 6000 vs GeForce RTX 30 : Faster + Cheaper!
- How To Setup NVIDIA NULL For G-SYNC Monitors Correctly!
- NVIDIA Image Sharpening Guide for DirectX, Vulkan, OpenGL!
Support Tech ARP!