ASUS just launched the new ZenBook Pro 15 with its groundbreaking Screen Pad – an adaptive touchpad that doubles as a touchscreen display! Here are the ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 price list and full details, including videos on its key features and the Screen Pad technology!
ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 (UX580)
The new ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 continues the legacy of the ZenBook Pro family, offering top-of-the-line performance in a slim, premium form factor.
It is powered by the latest 8th Generation Intel Core processors with up to 16 GB of DDR4 memory, and NVIDIA GeForce graphics powering a 15-inch PANTONE-validated display with up to 4K UHD resolution. All packed into a chassis the size of a traditional 14-inch laptop!
The new ZenBook Pro 15 also boasts fast PCIe 3.0 x4 SSDs, and a wide range of connectivity options including Gigabit-AC WiFI, and two USB-C with Thunderbolt 3 ports. It also supports face recognition and has built-in support for the Amazon Alexa voice service.
The ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 (UX580) is the first ZenBook Pro model to feature the new ASUS Screen Pad technology.
Touch The Future With ASUS Screen Pad
Screen Pad is a Windows Precision Touchpad (PTP) combined with an interactive 5.5-inch FHD touchscreen that intelligently adapts to what the user is doing. It offers helpful functions depending on the context, making it easier and quicker to multitask. A simple press of the F6 function key toggles Screen Pad between touchscreen mode and touchpad mode.
Screen Pad can be used in several different ways. Special dedicated Screen Pad Apps run within Screen Pad itself, with a variety of useful tools including Calculator, Music Player, NumKey and Launcher. Launcher allows users to open or switch between desktop apps via user-customizable shortcuts. NumKey turns Screen Pad into a handy numeric keypad for data entry. Screen Extender mode allows Screen Pad to be used as an extension to the main display, further aiding multitasking and productivity.
Selected desktop apps — at present limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, but with other popular apps in the pipeline — offer even closer integration with Screen Pad, with adaptive menus and editing controls on Screen Pad that change automatically according to the app and what task is being performed.
Another innovative form of adaptive Screen Pad integration is via browser extensions, such as the Screen Pad YouTube Player for Chrome: this puts video playback controls for YouTube videos at the user’s fingertips.
Live updates ensure Screen Pad is always running the latest version, and new apps can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. A Screen Pad SDK is available for developers wishing to create new apps and explore the endless possibilities of Screen Pad.
ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 Price + Availability
The ASUS ZenBook Pro (UX580) is available in the Deep Dive Blue and Rose Gold colour options. ASUS Malaysia Country Manager Leo Tseng had the honour of revealing the ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 price and model list. He also revealed the price of the 2018 ASUS VivoBook S 15 laptops.
Here is the ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 price list for the three variants :
- UX580G-EE2084T : RM 10,999 / ~US$ 2,750
– Intel Core i9-8950HQ, 16 GB DDR4, 1 TB PCIe SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4K UHD display, Microsoft Windows 10
- UX580G-EE2030T : RM 8,899 / ~US$ 2,225
– Intel Core i7-8750HQ, 16 GB DDR4, 1 TB PCIe SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4K UHD display, Microsoft Windows 10
– Lazada | Shopee Web | Shopee App
- UX580G-DBN044T : RM 5,999 / ~US$ 1,500
– Intel Core i7-8750HQ, 8 GB DDR4, 512 GB PCIe SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, 4K UHD display, Microsoft Windows 10
The Core i7 models are available for purchase with immediate effect. The Core i9 model is available for booking, with delivery about 3-4 weeks later.
ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 Q&A Session
Later, we sat down with ASUS Malaysia Country Manager Leo Tseng, ASUS Malaysia Product Manager Megan Wang, and ASUS HQ Senior Product Manager Johnny Cheng, for an exclusive Q&A session on the ASUS ZenBook Pro 15.
Suggested Reading[adrotate group=”2″]
- ASUS TUF Gaming FX505 Gaming Laptop Preview
- ASUS ROG Strix SCAR II (GL704) Gaming Laptop Sneak Preview!
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus S (GX531) Gaming Laptop Sneak Preview
- ASUS B450 Motherboard Models, Features + Prices Revealed!
- ASUS ZenFone 5Z Price + Availability Leaks CONFIRMED!
- ASUS ZenFone Max Pro M1 – Everything You Need To Know!
- ASUS ZenFone 5 (ZE620KL) In-Depth Review
- ASUS ZenFone Max Pro M1 (ZB602KL) In-Depth Review
- ASUS ZenFone 5 + ZenFone Max Pro M1 Exclusive Interview!
Go Back To > Computer Hardware + Systems | Home
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!