The highlight of the GIGABYTE showcase at Taipei 101 was the AORUS Aquarium PC Mod! They literally put a high-end desktop PC into a fresh water aquarium of fishes! Want to know how they created the AORUS Aquarium PC mod? Read on and find out!
The AORUS Aquarium PC Mod
The AORUS Aquarium PC mod is a deceptively understated mod. At first glance, you might mistaken it for a mere display – a non-functioning GIGABYTE graphics card sitting in an aquarium. Interesting, but nothing special… until the two fans start spinning and you realise – damn, this thing is actually a fully-functional computer!
What GIGABYTE did was to submerge the PC components in clear mineral oil, before creating a small fresh water aquarium above it. You can see the fishes test water-oil boundary!
As the heat from the graphics card, CPU and other components are transferred to the mineral oil, the oil needs to be pumped out and kept cooled by three AORUS ATC700 coolers behind the bank. It’s really no different from how
GIGABYTE spared no expense in their AORUS Aquarium PC mod. They used nothing but the best they had :[adrotate group=”2″]
- Processor : Intel Core i9-7980XE (Price Check)
- CPU Cooler : AORUS ATC700
- Motherboard : X299 AORUS Gaming 7 PRO (Price Check)
- Graphics Card : AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition (Price Check)
- Memory : Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4 (Price Check)
- Optane Memory : 32 GB Intel Optane Memory (Price Check)
- SSD #1 : Intel Optane SSD 900P Series (Price Check)
- SSD #2 : 256 GB GIGABYTE UD PRO SSD (Price Check)
- HDD : 8 TB Seagate Barracuda (Price Check)
- Power Supply : AORUS AP850GM
How GIGABYTE Created The AORUS Aquarium PC Mod
If you are interested in building your own version of the AORUS Aquarium PC, GIGABYTE shared this video on how they built it. Check it out!
Suggested Reading[adrotate group=”2″]
- Tech ARP Computex 2018 Live Coverage – Day One
- Everything Jensen Huang Revealed @ NVIDIA Computex 2018!
- Tech ARP Computex 2018 Live Coverage – Day Two
- NVIDIA Computex 2018 – GeForce Updates + Demos
- What Happened @ Intel Computex 2018 with Gregory Bryant!
- Tech ARP Computex 2018 Live Coverage – Day Three
- AMD Computex 2018 – Threadripper 2, 7nm Vega + More!
- Tech ARP Computex 2018 Live Coverage – Day Four
- AMD Threadripper 2 – Everything You Need To Know!
- AMD 7nm EPYC Processor Update + First Look!
- AMD 7nm Vega Presentation + Demo + First Look!
Go Back To > Computer Hardware + Systems | Home