Our Verdict + Award | Price + Availability
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X : Our Verdict + Award!
There is no doubt that the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X is a leap forward for AMD, thanks to the new Zen 3 core and SoC design.
Its single-core performance has been improved significantly over its predecessors, offering a nice boost to content creation and gaming performance.
Gamers, in particular, will favour this model over the Ryzen 7 5800X because it delivers the same gaming performance at 2/3rds the cost.
It also handily beats the Ryzen 7 3700X in gaming performance, making it a better option for gaming systems.
Even though the Ryzen 5 5600X uses a new microarchitecture, it continues to use the AM4 socket and will support AMD 500 Series chipsets on launch day (with a BIOS upgrade).
That’s really great news for those planning to upgrade from their existing Ryzen processors.
Those on AMD 400 Series motherboards will have to wait until Q1 2020, before they receive BIOS upgrades to support Zen 3.
But while the Ryzen 5 5600X’s performance may be a leap forward, so is its price tag…
You may recall that the last-generation Ryzen 5 3600X had a launch price of $249 (RM859), with a Wraith Spire cooler.
The AMD Ryzen 5 5600X costs substantially more at $299 (RM1,349), and ships with the smaller and cheaper Wraith Stealth cooler.
That said, the Ryzen 5 5600X truly provides a significant boost in performance, and it deserves our Reviewer’s Choice Award.
So who should, or should NOT, buy the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X?
- Buy : If you want the best possible 6-core processor for a new gaming system.
- Buy : If you are upgrading from a first-generation Ryzen processor.
- Consider : If you are upgrading from a second-generation Ryzen processor.
- Skip : If you are already using a 3rd Gen Ryzen processor.
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X : Price + Availability
The AMD Ryzen 5 5600X processor is available for sale starting 5 November 2020, at these RRP inclusive of tax :
- Malaysia : RM 1,349 (~US$324) inclusive of 6% tax
- United States : RM 299
Here are some online purchase options :
- Malaysia : CPU Only | CPU Only | CPU Only
- Singapore : CPU Only | CPU Only | CPU Only | CPU Only
- UK : CPU Only | CPU Bundle | CPU Bundle | CPU Bundle | CPU Bundle
- Australia : CPU Only
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X : Specifications
Here is how the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X compares to the other Ryzen 5000 series processors :
|Process||7 nm (CCD) + 12 nm (IOD)|
+ Die Size
|CCD : 4.15 billion, 80.7 mm²
IOD : 2.09 billion, 125 mm²
|Chiplets||2 x CCD
1 x IOD
|1 x CCD
1 x IOD
|Cores / Threads||16 / 32||12 / 24||8 / 16||6 / 12|
|Base Clock||3.4 GHz||3.7 GHz||3.8 GHz||3.7 GHz|
|Boost Clock||4.9 GHz||4.8 GHz||4.7 GHz||4.6 GHz|
|L1 Cache||1 MB||768 KB||512 KB||384 KB|
|L2 Cache||8 MB||6 MB||4 MB||3 MB|
|L3 Cache||64 MB||32 MB|
|TDP||105 W||65 W|
- AMD Ryzen 9 5950X In-Depth Review : 16-Core Behemoth!
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800X In-Depth Review : 8-Core Powerhouse!
- AMD Ryzen 5000 CPUs : Malaysia Price List + FREE Game!
- AMD Infinity Cache Explained : L3 Cache Comes To The GPU!
- Radeon RX 6000 vs GeForce RTX 30 : Faster + Cheaper!
- RX 6900 XT, RX 6800 XT, RX 6800 : Features + Specifications!
- AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series : What You Need To Know!
- Dell G5 15 5500 Review : Affordable RTX Gaming @ 144 Hz!
- AMD Ryzen 5000 Series : What You Need To Know!
- XPS 13 (9310) with Intel Tiger Lake : What’s New?
- VMware vSphere 7 Now Supports AMD SEV-ES Encryption!
- Ryzen 7 3700C | Ryzen 5 3500C | Ryzen 3 3250C Revealed!
- AMD Athlon Gold 3150C + Athlon Silver 3050C Revealed!
- 11th Gen Intel Core (Tiger Lake) : What You Need To Know!
- HUAWEI MateBook X Pro (2020) Review : Ultra-Light Beast!
- AMD Ryzen PRO 4000 Desktop APUs : All You Need To Know!
- AMD Athlon PRO 3000 Desktop APUs : All You Need To Know!
- AMD Athlon 3000 G-Series with Radeon Graphics Revealed!
- AMD Ryzen 4000 G-Series with Radeon Graphics Revealed!
- Google Cloud Confidential VM With 2nd Gen AMD EPYC!
Go Back To > First Page | Computer Hardware | Home
Support Tech ARP!