AMD) just announced their first slew of 2019 mobile processors! At CES 2019, they officially revealed the 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen 3000 Series Mobile Processors, the AMD Athlon 300 Series Mobile Processors, and optimised 7th Gen AMD A-Series mobile processors.
The First Slew Of 2019 Mobile Processors
These new AMD mobile processors cover the entire gamut of laptops for 2019.
The 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen 3000 Series Mobile Processors is meant to power ultra-thin and gaming notebooks, while the AMD Athlon 300 Series Mobile Processors powers mainstream notebooks ; and the optimised 7th Gen AMD A-Series processors targeting mainstream Chromebooks.
AMD Ryzen 3000 + Athlon 300 Mobile Processors
Built on the 12 nm manufacturing process, the AMD Ryzen 3000 Series Mobile Processors will offer better performance and battery life :
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700U can edit media up to 29% faster than the Intel Core i7-8550U, and the AMD Ryzen 5 3500U can load websites up to 14% faster than the Intel Core i5-8250U
- Up to 10 hours of video playback battery life
Consumers will be able to purchase the first 2nd Gen Ryzen mobile powered notebooks starting in Q1 2019 These new notebooks will be coming through Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, Huawei, Lenovo, and Samsung this year.
AMD is also offering Zen-based Athlon 300 Series Mobile Processors, slated to be available from global OEMs in early 2019.
|TDP||Boost / Base Speed||Radeon Graphics||Max GPU Speed||L2+L3 Cache|
|AMD Ryzen 7 3750H||4C / 8T||35W||4.0 / 2.3 GHz||Vega 10||1400 MHz||6 MB|
|AMD Ryzen 7 3700U||4C / 8T||15W||4.0 / 2.3 GHz||Vega 10||1400 MHz||6 MB|
|AMD Ryzen 5 3550H||4C/ 8T||35W||3.7 / 2.1 GHz||Vega 8||1200 MHz||6 MB|
|AMD Ryzen 5 3500U||4C / 8T||15W||3.7 / 2.1 GHz||Vega 8||1200 MHz||6 MB|
|AMD Ryzen 3 3300U||4C / 4T||15W||3.5 / 2.1 GHz||Vega 6||1200 MHz||6 MB|
|AMD Ryzen 3 3200U||2C / 4T||15W||3.5 / 2.6 GHz||Vega 3||1200 MHz||5 MB|
|AMD Athlon 300U||2C / 4T||15W||3.3 / 2.4 GHz||Vega 3||1000 MHz||5 MB|
7th Gen AMD A-Series Gets New Life!
First introduced 2.5 years ago, the 7th Gen AMD A-Series mobile APUs soldiers on, with two new models being introduced at CES 2019 – the AMD A6-9220C and the AMD A4-9120C. They are being promoted for use in Chromebooks.
According to AMD, the AMD A6-9220C processor provides;
- up to 23% faster web browsing and up to 24% faster web application performance than the Intel Pentium N4200 and Celeron N3350, respectively
- up to 3.2X faster email performance and up to 74% higher office application productivity than the Intel Pentium N4200 and Celeron N3350, respectively
- up to 42% faster photo editing performance and up to 43% faster web gaming experiences than the Intel Pentium N4200 and Celeron N3350, respectively
Starting with the Acer Chromebook 315 and HP Chromebook 14, leading global OEMs are scheduled to release several AMD powered Chromebooks in 2019 delivering fast and efficient computing, with battery life that keeps pace with the consumer’s needs.
|TDP||Boost / Base Speed||Radeon Graphics||GPU Cores/ Shaders||Max GPU Speed||L2 Cache|
|AMD A6-9220C||2C / 2T||6W||2.7 / 1.8 GHz||R5 Series||3 / 192|
|AMD A4-9120C||2C / 2T||6W||2.4 / 1.6 GHz||R4 Series||3 / 192|
- AMD Athlon 220GE + 240GE Price + Specifications Revealed!
- The AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition Revealed!
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Unveiled – The Last Of The Polaris?
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2970WX Preview – 24 Core Power!
- Official AMD Athlon PRO with Radeon Vega Graphics Tech Briefing
- AMD B450 Chipset Explained with Official AMD Tech Briefing!