We have been playing around with the AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT and here is our preview of the first RDNA 2 graphics card!
Take a look at our unboxing and hands-on videos, as well as the Radeon RX 6800 XT in action!
AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT : A Quick Primer!
The AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT is one of three Radeon RX 6000 series graphics cards. Based on the new AMD RDNA 2 architecture, they offer these key features :
- AMD Infinity Cache – a large 128 MB data cache that dramatically reduces memory latency and power consumption.
- AMD Smart Access Memory – offers the Ryzen 5000 series processor greater access to its GDDR6 graphics memory for better gaming performance.
- DirectX 12 Ultimate – offering support for the next-generation games with DirectX Raytracing and Variable Rate Shading.
- New Ray Accelerator – delivers real-time lighting, shadow and reflection realism through DirectX Raytracing.
- Variable Rate Sharing (VRS) – dynamically reduces shading rate for better performance at little to no loss in image quality.
- DirectStorage Support – delivers faster load times and high-quality textures in the future.
AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT : Price + Availability
The AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT has a RRP of US$649, and will be available for sale starting 18 November 2020.
Custom boards will be available from brands like ASRock, ASUS, Gigabyte starting in November 2020.
AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT : Specifications
This table summarises how the RX 6800 XT compares against the RX 6900 XT and the RX 6800.
|Fab Process||7 nm|
|Die Size||519 mm²|
|Total Graphics Power||300 W||250 W|
|Game Clock||2015 MHz||2015 MHz||1815 MHz|
|Boost Clock||2250 MHz||2250 MHz||2105 MHz|
|Max. Texture Rate||720 GT/s||648 GT/s||505 GT/s|
|Max. Pixel Rate||288 GP/s||202 GP/s|
|Infinity Cache||128 MB|
|Graphics Memory||16 GB GDDR6 (16 Gbps)|
|PCIe Interface||PCIe 4.0 x16|
Unboxing The AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT!
The AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT comes in a large and heavy cardboard box. Very heavy duty, with thick foam packaging.
Next Page > Radeon RX 6800 XT Hands-On + In Action!
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!