Here is a short summary of what Zoom Video Communications Inc. announced at the Zoomtopia APAC 2022 conference!
Zoomtopia APAC 2022 : What Is It?
Zoomtopia APAC 2022 was the Asia Pacific edition of Zoom Video Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: ZM)’s annual conference.
Hosted virtually on Zoom Events (obviously), Zoomtopia APAC 2022 featured a distinguished array of guest speakers, as well as announcements on Zoom Phone and other products.
- Education: Developing the next generation of changemakers with digital innovation
- How to unify communication and collaboration in the new world of work
- The Trust Imperative: How you can build (or destroy) trust in a hybrid world
- Financial services: How secure digital collaboration tools are transforming the future of finance
- Is Voice DEAD? The future of conversation is in the cloud
- Reimagine the future of customer experience in a video-first world
- Improve the Customer Experience and Agent Productivity with Conversational AI
- What’s new with Zoom Phone?
- Zoom Events Product Tour
- How to Create a Buying Experience Your Customers Love with Zoom IQ for Sales
- The Future of Asynchronous Collaboration
- Transforming for the Future Office: Enabling the Flexible, Hybrid Workplace
Eric Yuan, CEO and Founder of Zoom, also shared his vision for Zoom at Zoomtopia APAC, distilling the next phase of Zoom’s evolution and the key innovations that will underpin the Zoom platform in this new era.
“We have always been a company built to connect and bring people together. As many people around the world start rethinking what really makes them happy, we want to empower them to zoom in on what matters.
Zoom’s vision for the future is about bringing physical and digital environments together in new ways to create more inclusive, immersive, collaborative experiences.
We are focused on giving organisations, their employees and customers a platform that works best for them, their lives and their workflows.”
What Zoom Announced @ Zoomtopia APAC 2022!
For those who could not make it, here is a short summary of what Zoom Video Communications Inc. announced at the Zoomtopia APAC 2022 conference!
New Zoom Platform Innovations
Zoom has launched more than 1,500 features and enhancements on the Zoom platform this year.
The Zoom Mail and Calendar clients work together with the communication and collaboration offerings already available within Zoom Meetings, Phone, Whiteboard, and Team Chat. Now, teams can move quickly and seamlessly from email to a video meeting, elevate a chat message to a phone call, collaborate on projects and early next year, they can share out whiteboards, all without ever leaving the Zoom app.
Zoom also rolled out Zoom-hosted email and calendar service options available in beta, directly integrated with the Zoom platform, ideal for businesses without dedicated IT services looking for enhanced privacy in their business communications.
Zoom also introduced Zoom Spots – its virtual co-working space. Coming in 2023, Zoom Spots is a video-enabled persistent space, integrated with the Zoom platform, to help foster inclusive discussions, keep colleagues connected and bring the fluid interactions of in-person work to distributed, hybrid teams throughout their day.
Fuelling APAC Innovation Together With Customers
In his keynote, Ricky Kapur, Head of APAC at Zoom, was joined by Singapore’s Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), and Australian online employment marketplace SEEK.
Highlighting innovative use-cases in which Zoom was utilised for each of these organisations, the speakers discussed the role of Zoom in driving digital inclusion, transforming employee experience as well as reshaping the future of banking, among others.
Zoom is also collaborating with workspace on-demand marketplace Switch (part of JustCo Group), to equip physical work booths or co-working spaces in Singapore with video-conferencing capabilities. This will take the work-from-anywhere model to the next level, as individuals will be able to comfortably attend virtual meetings at a location of their choice.
Continued Growth Of Zoom’s Partner Ecosystem In APAC
Since the Zoom Up Partner Programme was launched in March 2022, over 800 channel partners across APAC have signed up for the programme, comprising of over 25% of Partner Demand Centre adoption globally.
These partners which are focused on helping customers address their communication and collaboration needs yield 35% in channel contribution to the overall Zoom business in APAC.
As of FY23Q3, Zoom has onboarded DMOA as its new distributor in South Korea, adding to Zoom’s extensive APAC partner ecosystem which includes Dicker Data in Australia, Tradewinds in New Zealand, rhipe in Asia, and Savex Technologies in India.
The strength of Zoom’s partner ecosystem has contributed to the resounding success of Zoom Phone, which hit four million seats globally in just 3.5 years.
Building A Platform APAC Users Can Trust
As trust becomes the business currency of the future, Zoom is accelerating efforts to keep security and privacy of its platform at the forefront, and building a platform users can trust.
Amongst the company’s host of updates announced at Zoomtopia APAC 2022, its latest security offerings include:
- an end-to-end encryption feature (in Beta stage) as part of Zoom Mail Service (also in beta stage),
- advanced encryption for Zoom Phone voicemail, and
- the rollout of automatic Zoom client updates for enterprise customers (to help users take advantage of Zoom’s latest features and security updates).
Zoom has also recently completed the Australian Information Security Registered Assessor Program (IRAP) assessment, demonstrating that Zoom’s products are well-positioned when judged against Australian security standards for delivering communications services to the Australian public sector.
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Did Kelana Jaya LRT Fail Due To Cracked Software?!
- Why Kelana Jaya LRT Line Shuts Down For 1 Week!
- How NVIDIA A800 Bypasses US Chip Ban On China!
- SAP: Malaysian Companies Yet To Gain From Sustainability Plans
- NetApp BlueXP : A New Unified Hybrid MultiCloud Control Plane!