YouTube just announced that shorter videos will not only be eligible for mid-roll ads, it will be turned on automatically!
YouTube Mid-Roll Ads : What Are They?
YouTube mid-roll ads are basically advertisements that load in the middle of a video, rather than at the beginning.
On desktops, you will see a 5 second countdown before a mid-roll ad appears.
On other platforms, you will see yellow markets in the video progress bar where such an ad may show up.
YouTube Mid-Roll Ads : What’s Changed?
In the past, YouTube only allowed mid-roll ads to be added to videos longer than 10 minutes.
This encouraged content creators to create longer videos, sometimes unnecessarily extending them to qualify for mid-roll ads.
Starting late July 2020, YouTube will reduce the threshold from 10 minutes to just 8 minutes. All videos longer than 8 minutes will be eligible for mid-roll ads.
On top of that, YouTube will automatically turn mid-roll ads for all qualifying videos, even those that opted out in the past.
By default, YouTube will use machine learning to find the most natural breaks in your videos to add these advertisements, but you can also adjust their placements manually.
Those who prefer not to participate can opt-out in YouTube Studio by 27 July 2020.
YouTube Mid-Roll Ads : What Does This Mean?
Content creators will be glad because it means they can better monetise their shorter videos.
On top of that, they are no longer incentivised to unnecessarily extend their videos just to qualify for these advertisements.
For viewers, this should hopefully result in better quality videos, in exchange for mid-roll advertisements that could interrupt your enjoyment of those videos.
But seriously – you can just skip the ads (if you really don’t want to support content creators), or opt for YouTube Premium.
While you are here, do consider subscribing to our YouTube channel! 😀
- Fact Check : AirAsia Banned Wheeled Cabin Luggage?
- myBurgerLab : Exposing A Troll Or Cyberbullying A Student?
- Fact Check : Old Robber Targeting Motorists In Penang?
- TikTok Reverse-Engineered : A Peek At How It Works!
- India Bans 59 Chinese Apps, Including TikTok and WeChat!
- TikTok Caught Spying What We Type In Other Apps… TWICE!
- Fact Check : Communist Revolution Monument In Penang!
- Fact Check : Chinese Student Attacked By Canadian Cops!
- Scam Alert : FG Lockdown Funds Scam Exposed!
- Fact Check : Science Supports Pig As Haram With Proofs?
- World of Buzz : Stop Feeding Content Regurgitation Websites!
- Will BeiDou Give HUAWEI Phones FREE Calls + Internet?
- Fact Check: Changi Airport Passengers Must Wear PPE Suits?
- Fact Check : Lincoln Memorial Defaced By BLM Protestors!
- George Floyd Challenge Exposed : Racist + Dangerous!
- Fact Check : White House Lights Out With Trump In Bunker?
- Fact Check : White Cops Arrest Black Man, Finds He’s FBI!
- Fact Check : US Protestors Asking China For Help!
- Fact Check : George Floyd Protestors Broke Into White House!
- Android Wallpaper Malware Explained + Solved!
- Fact Check : Rev. Patrick Mahoney Hypocrisy On Protests
- THREE Fake CIMB Bank Call + SMS Scams!
- Galaxy S20 Secure Processor : How It Protects Your Data!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
Go Back To > Business | Internet | Photo + Video | Home