Singapore today received their first batch of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, making them the first country in Asia to receive it.
Pfizer BNT162b2 : mRNA Vaccine Designed By BioNTech
The Pfizer BNT162b2 vaccine, also known as Tozinameran, is an mRNA vaccine designed by BioNTech.
Like the Modern vaccine, it uses messenger RNA (mRNA) technology to teach our cells to manufacture the SARS-CoV-2 protein spike.
Those SARS-CoV-2 protein spikes will trigger the immune response that teaches our body how to fight the real disease.
Recommended : Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines : How Do They Work?
Singapore Receives First Batch Of Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine!
Singapore today became the first country in Asia to receive the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.
The vaccines were transported onboard a Singapore Airlines Cargo Boeing 747-400 freighter, SQ7979, that departed Brussels on 20 December, and arrived in Singapore at 7:55 PM on 21 December 2020.
The vaccines were immediately transferred to the SATS cold chain facility, Coolport, for subsequent storage and ground transportation.
During the flight, the internal temperature of each thermal shipper box was actively tracked on an end-to-end basis. They also measured the sublimation rate of the dry ice in the boxes.
Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Programme In Singapore
On 15 December 2020, Singapore was the first Asian country to approve the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.
In a national broadcast, Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong announced that the vaccines will initially be administered to healthcare workers and the elderly.
The vaccine will be provided free-of-charge and on a voluntary basis. To show that the vaccines are safe, senior leadership in Singapore including the Prime Minister will be vaccinated early.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Stay at home or shelter in place
- Keep your hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you must go out, maintain a social distance of 6 feet (2 metres)
- Wear a surgical mask and make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Panasonic : Two Factories Closed With 116 COVID-19 Cases!
- Will COVID-19 Turn Breastmilk Yellow With Antibodies?
- CMCO Extended For 7 States / Territories, And Ends For 4!
- Public Bank : Fake SMS Scam! Do NOT Click / Call!
- Did This Nurse Faint After Getting Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Is First Woman To Get COVID-19 Vaccine In Critical Condition?
- Did Pfizer Use A Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Fact Check : Six People Died From Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Fact Check : Heavy Gadget Use Killing Kids With Radiation?
- Does The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- MOH : No Change In Pfizer Vaccine Delivery, No Approval Yet
- Dr. Paul Thomas : Antivax Doctor Stripped Of Medical Licence!
- Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine : 2020 Production Cut Explained!
- Watch : Arecibo Telescope Before & During The Collapse!
- Why Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines Are Not Good Enough
- Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines : How Do They Work?
- Higher RON Octane Rating Myth Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!