Large multinational companies like Mitsui & Co have a big problem managing the travel and expense claims of their many employees. Find out from Mitsui how they used SAP Concur to simplify that onerous task for their 43,000+ employees!
How SAP Concur Helps Mitsui Manage Travel + Expense Claims
Mitsui & Co Asia Pacific is a large multinational company in its own right. It has more than 43,000 employees peppered across 14 Asian and Oceania countries in its 25 offices. However, one of the stumbling blocks to continued expansion is the way they were managing travel and expense claims.
Their systems were still paper-based, and their staff were spending hours each week completing their travel requests, and making expense claims. They were also wasting time correcting errors. That’s when they look into SAP Concur.
Ikuo Hayashi, General Manager of the Information Systems Department, Planning Division,Mitsui & Co. ASIA PACIFIC who headed their efforts to digitise their operations with SAP Concur shared with us his thoughts on how SAP Concur helped streamline their travel approval and expense claim processes :
“We identified the quick wins and could reduce the time taken to complete travel and expense forms. Plus, it was straightforward to cut approval cycles and lower the cost of transactions. But most importantly, we saw Concur as a platform on which to innovate and create an eco-system.”
He also shared with us some of the quick wins they were able to achieve in a short time with SAP Concur :
- Up to 50 percent reduction in time to complete expense claims using mobile capabilities.
- Greater efficiency due to simplified approval processes.
- Strengthening of regulatory compliance across Asia, despite the complexities of in-country regulations.
- Reduction in workload IT personnel since Concur is delivered as a cloud service.
Mitsui intends to go beyond just using SAP Concur to streamline a part of their business process. Mr Hayashi and his team have plans to begin mining the data from Concur to help boost the efficiency of employee spend on travel and expenses.
“We will use the data to identify patterns like frequently used hotel chains and see how we can leverage this data to formulate group-wide policies,” he says.
- How CrowdFarmX Aims To Tackle World Hunger With SAP!
- How JG Summit Drives Digital Transformation With SAP S/4HANA
- Exclusive : Tanduay Distillers Factory Visit + Rum Tasting Tips!
- The Economist : Malaysia LEAST CONFIDENT On Future-Readiness!
- Claus Andresen : Riding The SEA Of Digital Disruptions!
- The SAP Leonardo Digital Innovation System Explained!
- Exclusive Tour Of SAP Leonardo Center Singapore
Go Back To > Enterprise & Business | Home
Support Tech ARP!