Houseowners will be glad to learn that house renovation is now permitted to continue in PPN Phase 1 areas!
Here is what you need to know!
Earlier : Construction Allowed, But Not Renovation In PPN Phase 1
On 16 July 2021, the government announced that G3 and G4 contractors (in addition to G1 and G2) would also be allowed to resume their construction works.
For those who are wondering – how are G1, G2, G3 and G4 contractors defined, it’s based on their CIDB (Construction Industry Development Board) licence.
The G rating of their CIDB licence is based on their tendering capacity – they cannot tender for work exceeding these amounts :
G1 : Up to RM 200,000
G2 : Up to RM 500,000
G3 : Up to RM 1 million
G4 : Up to RM 3 million
At that time, renovation projects were not explicitly allowed to continue. Only construction on new projects were allowed to proceed.
Now : House Renovation Allowed In PPN Phase 1 Areas!
On 3 August 2021, the government issued an updated PPN Phase 1 SOP.
This 3 August 2021 PPN Phase 1 SOP liberalised several more aspects of the construction business :
- Renovation of individual residential homes
- Land investigation work
- Professional or consultancy services for permitted construction work
- Supply chain services for permitted construction work
So it is officially confirmed that starting from 4 August 2021 onwards, you will be permitted to resume or start any renovation of your residential home.
But please note that this only applies to RESIDENTIAL buildings in Phase 1 areas, not commercial buildings.
Those in Phase 2 areas have earlier been permitted to renovate both residential and commercial buildings.
Interestingly, they maintained the limit on maintenance and repairs to only critical work. That is loosely-worded but I have to wonder – why bother when you are already allowing people to renovate their homes?
In the newly-updated Phase 2 SOP, the government actually removed that limitation, allowing all maintenance and repair work to proceed.
Please Support My Work!
Support my work through a bank transfer / PayPal / credit card!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- National Recovery Plan Phase 1 SOP : 3 August 2021 Edition!
- National Recovery Plan Phase 2 SOP : 3 August 2021 Edition!
- National Recovery Plan Phase 3 SOP : 4 August 2021 Edition!
- 100 Units Of Sunway TCM Oxygen Machine For Free Loan?
- Experts Warn Of Ivermectin Causing Liver Damage!
- Did FDA Approve Lianhua Qingwen As COVID-19 Treatment?
- Fact Check : Immunity DROPS For 46 Days After Vaccination?
- Fact Check : Ivermectin Triple Therapy By Professor Borody!
- Did Henry Cavill Help Nephew Prove Superman Is His Uncle?
Go Back To > Business | Home | Tech ARP
Support Tech ARP!
Please support us by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or donating to our fund. Thank you!