Taipei, Taiwan, 26 May 2016 – Before the upcoming COMPUTEX Taipei, QNAP Systems, Inc. today gave a sneak-preview of its first “dual NAS OS options system” – the enterprise-class TES-x85U series NAS. The brand-new TES-x85U allows users to install the FreeBSD-based QES or Linux-based QTS into a single rackmount NAS for versatility and high-availability, providing the utmost flexibility for businesses to deploy the ideal operating system on multiple TES-x85U units based on their needs and goals.
The QNAP TES-x85U series uses 12Gb/s SAS controllers and includes two models (18-bay TES-1885U and 30-bay TES-3085U). Both models are powered by an advanced 14nm Intel Xeon D SoC processor with an integrated PCH (6-core CPU for TES-1885U and 8-core CPU for TES-3085U). It is worth noting that the all-SSD TES-3085U provides up to 24 drive bays and 6 dedicated SSD slots for caching in a 2U rackmount form factor, presenting the best choice for high-performance, all-flash storage.
The all-flash TES-3085U features an excellent combination of hardware and software that delivers high expandability, high reliability, and the tools necessary to satisfy IOPS-demanding workloads and applications.
- Intel Xeon D multi-core processor – 14nm energy-efficient SoC, supporting DDR4 RAM and PCIe Gen.3 per-lane throughput.
- DDR4 2133 MHz memory – Supports four DDR4 RAM modules for UDIMM and ECC RDIMM (up to 64GB UDIMM RAM, up to 128GB RDIMM RAM).
- 12Gb/s SAS controllers – Supports 12Gb/s SAS hard drives and SSD for fast data transfer and highly-reliable storage.
- Hot swappable fans – Four 6cm hot-swappable cooling fans for quick and easy replacement.
- Built-in 10GbE SFP+ port x2 – Boosts iSCSI/NFS/CIFS network transfer.
- 2.5” SATA SSD slot x6 – Used for caching, high-performance storage pools, or the QES OS drive.
- PCIe slot x3 – PCIe Gen.3 supports 10GbE/ 40GbE adapters and PCIe NVMe SSD.