Public Bank closed their Segambut branch in Kuala Lumpur, after an employee there tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and whether you should be concerned!
Public Bank Segambut : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
On 15 April 2021, Public Bank announced that an employee at their Segambut branch in KL tested positive for COVID-19.
Public Bank closed their Segambut branch, for deep cleaning and sanitisation, from 16 April 2021 until further notice.
Other employees who came into close contact with the affected staff member have been placed under home quarantine.
Public Bank Segambut : Official Statement On COVID-19 Exposure
This was the notice Maybank posted on the COVID-19 case at their Segambut store.:
Public Bank Segambut COVID-19 Infection : Do NOT Panic
Even though a branch employee was infected, you should not panic…
They are definitely tracing contacts, which is why it is important to log your movements with MySejahtera, or the physical logbook.
While banks offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
If you happen to be in that Public Bank branch when that affected employee was present, you will be contacted and asked to self-quarantine and undergo a COVID-19 screening test.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the branch of any infectious particles.
You should also keep physically distanced from other people, and maintain good hand hygiene.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe During CMCO!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 2021 Dell Latitude 5520 : Our Hands-On Preview!
- MCO, CMCO + RMCO Extension + Changes On 12 April 2021!
- Private Hospitals + Clinics To Administer COVID-19 Vaccines!
- Sarawak CMCO / PKPB Extended To 26 April 2021!
- NXP iMX 8M Plus To Use Kingston eMMC Memory!
- Employee Used Fake COVID-19 Test To Skip Work!
- No More Dimsum : Why It Lasted Less Than 5 Years!
- Scam Alert : Fake DON DON DONKI Giveaway!
- LG Mobile Shuts Down : Another Brand Bites The Dust!
- Scammer vs Scalper : Five RTX 30 Series Cards Gone!
- Malaysia PM : Travel Allowed After COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Is It Wrong To Laminate Official Documents?
- Public Bank : More Fake SMS Scams! Do NOT Click / Call!
- HUAWEI MateStation S : Why It’s Perfect For WFH!
- Act 342 Offences : COVID-19 Fines, Discounts + FAQ!
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?