The Malaysian government just quietly slashed the fine for breaking the pub and nightclub ban by HALF!
While this may be a relief for those caught breaking the ban, it is still a hefty fine!
Pub + Nightclub Ban : Fine Quietly Slashed By Half!
On 17 March 2021, when the Malaysian government announced the three categories of offences, they set the fine for those breaking the pub and nightclub ban very high :
- Companies operating a pub or nightclub : RM 50,000
- Entering a pub or nightclub : RM 10,000
- Entering an eatery within a pub or nightclub : RM 10,000
What most people, and even the press, did not notice was – they quietly slashed the fine for breaking the pub and nightclub ban by half!
- Companies operating a pub or nightclub : RM 25,000
- Entering a pub or nightclub : RM 5,000
- Entering an eatery within a pub or nightclub : RM 5,000
While this may be a relief for those already hit with the massive RM 10K or RM 50K fine earlier, it is still a considerable sum of money.
Please note that the ban includes any restaurants or cafes within the pub or nightclub.
Since 8 February 2021, pubs and nightclubs are no longer allowed to serve food or drinks at their restaurants, or even offer takeaway!
But apparently, pubs have now switched their licences to restaurants and eateries that serve alcohol, bypassing this ban.
Recommended : Act 342 Offences : COVID-19 Fines, Discounts + FAQ!
Pub + Nightclub Fine : Can Appeal For A Discount!
Individuals or companies who get fined for not complying with the pub and nightclub ban can appeal for the following discounts, at the nearest District Health Office.
- Pay within 7 days : 50% discount
- Pay within 8 to 14 days : 25% discount
Please do NOT appeal for the discount at the police station. The discount can only be given, and the fine paid, at the District Health Office.
Also note that the discount is only given to first-time offenders. Repeat offenders will not receive the discount.
This infographic by the Malaysia Ministry of Health summarises the fines and discounts for those who break the pub and nightclub ban :
- Act 342 Offences : COVID-19 Fines, Discounts + FAQ!
- Malaysia Approves COVID-19 Vaccine Injury Fund!
- Malaysia Buys More Pfizer + Sinovac COVID-19 Vaccines!
- Did NYT Rank 4 Chinese Vaccines As Safest In The World?
- How To Register For COVID-19 Vaccination On MySejahtera!
- Was Pfizer Vaccine Designed To Make COVID-19 Endemic?
- CoronaVac Vaccine By Sinovac : Your Questions Answered!
- CEM014 Eggs : Cook Properly Or Return Them!
- MySejahtera : How To Register Dependents For Vaccine!
- My COVID-19 Vaccination Badge : First Look!
- MySejahtera Now Shows Correct Vaccine Registration Dates!
- MySejahtera : RM10K ~ RM50K Fine Can Be Appealed!
- Can Coffee Compounds Cure / Prevent COVID-19?
- Fact Check : Doctor’s Diary On Covaxin Side Effects?
- Flower of the Holy Spirit Transforms From Saint To Dove?
- 460 Deaths + 243,612 Injuries From COVID Vaccines In UK?
- You Can Now Register For Vaccination Online / By Phone!
- Why COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy Does NOT Matter!
- Scam Alert : Remote Control Electricity Saver!
- COVID-19 Vaccine : Which Should YOU Choose?
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?