The PJ Digital Mall is closing on 18 October 2020 for deep cleaning, after a second All IT Hypermarket employee tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you need to be concerned about this new development!
PJ Digital Mall : One Employee Positive For COVID-19
All IT Hypermarket had earlier announced that an employee at their SOGO KL outlet tested positive.
Both the SOGO KL and PJ Digital Mall cases are actually siblings from the same household, just working in different All IT Hypermarket outlets.
This second sibling (Staff B) last worked at the Digital Mall outlet on Friday, 16 October 2020, reporting to work in the morning and clocking out at 2 PM.
He was asymptomatic and went for a COVID-19 test on Saturday, 17 October 2020, and was diagnosed the very same day.
As a result of this positive test result, PJ Digital Mall will shut down on 18 October 2020, to disinfect and sanitise all areas inside their mall.
They will reopen the following day, on 19 October 2020.
They are also placing those in close contact with the affected staff under self-quarantine, and sending them to get tested.
PJ Digital Mall COVID-19 Exposure : Should You Be Concerned?
As per MOH guidelines, they should be performing contact tracing, and contacting those who came in close contact with the affected employee.
If you happen to be in close contact with the affected All IT Hypermarket employees at their PJ Digital Mall or SOGO KL outlet, you will be contacted and asked to self-quarantine as well as undergo a COVID-19 screening test.
These shopping mall infections reinforce the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which lets its users quickly and easily log their movements.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clear the branch of any infectious particles.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Stay at home or shelter in place
- Keep your hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep your home, office, vehicle, etc. clean
- If you must go out, maintain a social distance of 6 feet (2 metres)
- Wear a surgical mask and make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- All IT Hypermarket SOGO : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Fact Check : Car Seating SOP For CMCO / PKPB Lockdown?
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
- Fact Check: RM1K CMCO Fine For Sitting Side By Side In Car!
- MyGCC Debunks Old CMCO Cross-District Travel Info!
- Machines Mid Valley : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- 1 Utama Mac City COVID-19 Infection : An Update!
- MySejahtera / Logbook : Register Or Get Fined RM1,000!
- COVID-19 Reality Check : 34.5 Million Infected, 1 Million Dead!
- IMR : D614G Mutation Found In All New COVID-19 Clusters!
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- Did A Ringing Phone Cause This Gas Stove Explosion?
- Elbow Pit Slapping For Heart Attack : Does It Work?
- Fact Check : Correct Way To Wear Face Mask By GG Hospital
- Fact Check : Does The LPG Gas Tank Pressure Test Work?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Did Fauci Write That Angry COVID-19 Post : How Dare You?
- Fact Check : Science Supports Pig As Haram With Proofs?
- Dexamethasone : Do NOT Self-Medicate Against COVID-19!
- Fact Check: Changi Airport Passengers Must Wear PPE Suits?
- Fact Check : Fridge Magnet Cancer Warning By Princeton Uni!
- Fact Check : Flower of the Holy Spirit – From Saint To Dove!
- Fact Check : Hand Sanitiser Catches Fire, Burns Woman!
- Higher RON Octane Rating Myth Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Fact Check : Prolonged Use of Face Mask Causes Hypoxia!
- Hydroxychloroquine Risk : Death From Cardiac Arrest!