MKN just announced that Penang will be upgraded to Phase 2 of COVID-19 Recovery Plan from 7 July 2021 onwards!
Here is what we know so far!
Penang Upgraded To COVID-19 Recovery Phase 2!
On 5 July 2021, the Malaysia National Security Council (MKN) announced that Penang will be upgraded to Phase 2 of the COVID-19 Recovery Plan, starting 7 July 2021!
This decision was made after Penang successfully achieved these three indicators of the COVID-19 Recovery Plan.
- New cases averaging less than 12.2 cases per 100,000 – just 9.5 cases per 100,000 population
- Moderate ICU use capacity, with the Capacity to Respond at an adequate level
- Two dose vaccination rate exceeding 10% – currently at 10.1%.
Penang Under COVID-19 Recovery Phase 2 : What Changes?
Government Operations During Phase 2
Government offices can conduct hybrid operations – both office and work from home using this approach :
- Office capacity must not exceed 40% (not including frontliners, security, defence and law enforcement) and 60% must work from home, in turns.
- All meetings and discussions must be conducted online through a safe and secure medium.
- Counter services will be open.
- Office attendance must be accompanied by official orders and worker passes.
- Compliance with COVID-19 SOP.
What Business Can Reopen In Phase 2
These economic sectors can reopen under Phase 2 of the National Recovery Plan. They will be allowed to operate from 8 AM until 8 PM daily.
Worker capacity in the private sector for essential services can be increased to 80%.
- Automotive (vehicles and components
- Furniture factory for export
- Iron and steel
Trade + Distribution
- Book and stationery stores
- Computers and telecommunications
- Electrical good
- Barber and hair saloons (basic barber services only)
Interstate and inter-district travel are still FORBIDDEN, except for school teachers and students who are sitting for examinations.
Interstate travel for long-distance couples are allowed, only for emergency and special cases with police approval.
Farmer’s markets and morning markets are allowed to operate from 7 AM until 11 AM, and limited to these six commodities :
- processed chicken
Weekly markets, night markets and guest markets are FORBIDDEN to operate.
Sports + Recreation
All individual sporting and recreational activities, that do not involve physical touch, are ALLOWED.
Physical distance of at least 2 to 3 metres must be maintained.
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Thank you in advanced!
- MCO Recovery Phase 1 SOP : 5 July 2021 Update!
- Did China Contribute 60% Of COVAX Vaccine Supply?
- Stop Using MySejahtera Helpdesk For Vaccine Appointment!
- Malaysia Government Office Operations In Phase 2 States
- EMCO Police Roadblock List For KL + Selangor (4 July 2021)
- EMCO Road Closure + Roadblocks In Petaling Jaya!
- 229 In Taiwan Died From Japan-Made AstraZeneca Vaccine?
- 5 States In Malaysia Upgraded To Phase 2 Of FMCO 3.0!
- Booster Dose Strategy For Shorter AstraZeneca Dose Interval
- Why Delaying AstraZeneca Dose 2 INCREASES Efficacy?
- 2021 HUAWEI MatePad Pro Productivity Tips!
- KL + Selangor EMCO 3.0 SOP : 2 July 2021 Edition!