MKN just confirmed that their Work From Home directive still applies!
Here is what you need to know about the Work From Home directive for RMCO and CMCO areas!
MKN : Work From Home Directive Still Applies!
On 11 December 2020, the Malaysia Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) confirmed that their Work From Home directive still applied for CMCO and TEMCO areas.
On 2 March 2021, the Malaysia National Security Council (MKN) cancelled MCO 2.0 and later, lifted inter-district travel restrictions.
On 9 March 2021, MKN confirmed that the existing Work From Home directive would continue in CMCO areas, with 30% capacity for office / management staff.
Therefore, businesses are expected to continue implementing their work from home policies. This is only optional for RMCO areas.
MKN Work From Home Directive : What You Need To Know!
Here is a refresher course on the MITI Work From Home directive, based on the latest 23 October 2020 FAQ :
1. Is WFH Mandatory?
WFH is compulsory for management and supervisory staff in CMCO and TEMCO areas, including those involved in tasks like:
WFH is not compulsory for employees of these sectors, who are allowed to work as normal :
- retail stores, grocery stores, convenience stores
- food stalls, food courts, restaurants
- plantation and agriculture
- transportation – express bus, LRT, MRT, taxi, e-hailing
- food delivery services
2. What If We Need To Be In The Office?
Up to 10 per cent of management and supervisory staff can be in the office, limited to 4 hours only – from 10 AM until 2 PM – for up to 3 days a week.
If the company has 10 people or fewer in the management and supervisory group, only one (1) person is allowed to come to the office at one time.
The company must issue an authorisation letter for each employee who is allowed to work.
3. Can We Rotate?
Companies can create a rotation system for their management and supervisory staff.
The company should maintain the rotation schedule, as well as a list of those who are working from home, and those who are allowed to work in the office.
4. Can We Change The Working Hours?
No, MITI requires companies to comply with these rules for management and supervisory staff :
- maximum of 4 hours a day
- from 10 AM until 2 PM
- maximum of 3 days a week
5. Do We Need To Get Tested Before Working In The Office?
COVID-19 screening is not mandatory for staff who are working in the office. It is only mandatory for :
- foreign workers in the construction sector
- security guards
- all workers from red zones who are symptomatic
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Aston Martin To Supply F1 Safety + Medical Cars!
- You Can Now Register For Vaccination Online / By Phone!
- Latest CMCO / PKPB SOP : 4 March 2021 Edition
- Latest RMCO / PKPP SOP : 4 March 2021 Edition
- Travel SOP For Sabah, Labuan + Sarawak (March 2021)
- SUKE Highway Collapse : Overloaded Trailer The Cause!
- Malaysia Announces COVID-19 Fines Of RM10K ~ RM100K!
- Ismail Sabri : KL-Selangor Travel Allowed, But Not Putrajaya
- Malaysia : Inter-District Travel Allowed, Except In Sabah!
- No More MCO, Now CMCO + RMCO Until 18 March 2021!
- Fact Check : RM300 Seat Belt Fine On PLUS Highway?
- Malaysia COVID-19 Fines Increased To RM10K ~ RM100K!
- Pos Malaysia Suspends Road Tax Renewal!
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Higher RON Octane Rating Myth Debunked!
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
Go Back To > Business | Home
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!