Even though travel restrictions have been lifted nationwide, MITI confirmed that their Work From Home directive still applies!
Here is what you need to know about the MITI Work From Home directive for RMCO, CMCO and TEMCO areas!
MITI : Work From Home Directive Still Applies!
Therefore, businesses are expected to continue implementing their work from home policies.
MITI Work From Home Directive : What You Need To Know!
Here is a refresher course on the MITI Work From Home directive, based on the latest 23 October 2020 FAQ :
1. Is WFH Mandatory?
WFH is compulsory for management and supervisory staff in CMCO and TEMCO areas, including those involved in tasks like:
WFH is not compulsory for employees of these sectors, who are allowed to work as normal :
- retail stores, grocery stores, convenience stores
- food stalls, food courts, restaurants
- plantation and agriculture
- transportation – express bus, LRT, MRT, taxi, e-hailing
- food delivery services
2. What If We Need To Be In The Office?
Up to 10 per cent of management and supervisory staff can be in the office, limited to 4 hours only – from 10 AM until 2 PM – for up to 3 days a week.
If the company has 10 people or fewer in the management and supervisory group, only one (1) person is allowed to come to the office at one time.
The company must issue an authorisation letter for each employee who is allowed to work.
3. Can We Rotate?
Companies can create a rotation system for their management and supervisory staff.
The company should maintain the rotation schedule, as well as a list of those who are working from home, and those who are allowed to work in the office.
4. Can We Change The Working Hours?
No, MITI requires companies to comply with these rules for management and supervisory staff :
- maximum of 4 hours a day
- from 10 AM until 2 PM
- maximum of 3 days a week
5. Do We Need To Get Tested Before Working In The Office?
COVID-19 screening is not mandatory for staff who are working in the office. It is only mandatory for :
- foreign workers in the construction sector
- security guards
- all workers from red zones who are symptomatic
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe During RMCO!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- RMCO / PKPP in Malaysia : New SOP for December 2020!
- Peninsular Malaysia CMCO : New December 2020 SOP!
- MOH : No Change In Pfizer Vaccine Delivery, No Approval Yet
- Dr. Paul Thomas : Antivax Doctor Stripped Of Medical Licence!
- Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine : 2020 Production Cut Explained!
- Nationwide Travel At Vehicle Capacity : Please Follow SOP!
- Lewis Hamilton : Positive For COVID-19, Out Of Sakhir GP!
- RM399 Laguna Redang 3D2N Holiday : Bait & Switch Scam?
- MKN : 3 People Now Allowed In Car During CMCO / PKPB
- CMCO : No Special Seating Or Face Mask In Your Own Car!
- Was This Driver FINED For Letting His Wife Sit Next To Him?
- Scan MySejahtera At Petrol Station, Or Get Fined RM1K?
- Latest MySejahtera SOP For Petrol Stations : To Scan Or Not?
- Peninsular Malaysia : Official CMCO / PKPB SOP!
- Fact Check : Empty Shops In Johor Bahru Due To COVID?
- Fact Check : Malaysian Airline System (MAS) In Liquidation?
- Fact Check: RM1K CMCO Fine For Sitting Side By Side In Car!
- MySejahtera / Logbook : Register Or Get Fined RM1,000!
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- Did A Ringing Phone Cause This Gas Stove Explosion?
- Elbow Pit Slapping For Heart Attack : Does It Work?
- Fact Check : Does The LPG Gas Tank Pressure Test Work?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Higher RON Octane Rating Myth Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?