Maybank online and banking services were temporarily down, and are now up and running!
Here is what you need to know…
Maybank Online + Banking Services Temporarily Down!
At 3:55 PM on 17 January 2022, Maybank sent out an alert that these online and banking services were temporarily down :
- Maybank2U web and mobile banking services
- ATMs and self-service terminals (SSTs)
- branch banking
- debit card usage
Maybank credit card were unaffected by this downtime.
Just over an hour later at 4:58 PM, Maybank announced that they restored services!
Maybank did not reveal the reasons why those online and banking services went down. However, the downtime does not appear to apply to everyone using the Maybank2U online portal.
When I checked at 4:10 PM, I managed to log into two Maybank personal accounts and a company account. I was also able to transfer money from a Maybank account to another bank.
Fortunately, they were able to restore services very quickly – in just over an hour.
- Sinovac Vaccine Is Cheaper, Not Better, So Why Bother?
- Can SIM Swap Attack Empty Bank Accounts Without Warning?
- UOB Buys Citibank Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand + Vietnam!
- Ranhill Selects Maxis As Voice + Cloud Provider!
- Malaysia Sets Price Limits For Sinovac + Sinopharm Vaccines!
Go Back To > Cybersecurity | Business | Tech ARP