The government of Malaysia just announced that it will give RM100 / RM50 subsidy to the B40 group to cope with the increased cost of living!
Here is what you need to know…
Malaysia Removes Price Control, Subsidy For Chicken, Eggs, Cooking Oil!
On 21 June 2022, Malaysia’s Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs (KPDNHEP) Minister Alexander Nanta Linggi, announced that price control for chicken and chicken eggs, as well as subsidies for palm oil used for cooking will be removed.
There was an immediate uproar from consumers, as it would mean additional increases in food prices, that have already shot up in recent weeks.
Malaysia To Give RM100 / RM50 Subsidy To B40 Group!
To assuage the concerns of many citizens who are struggling to make ends meet in a time of high inflation, the Prime Minister of Malaysia Ismail Sabri today announced that the government will give a small one-time subsidy to the B40 group :
- B40 families will receive RM100 (about US$22.70)
- B40 individuals will receive RM50 (about US$11.35)
This small cost-of-living subsidy is meant to help the B40 group cope with the increased food prices.
It will be paid to their accounts together with Phase 2 of Bantuan Keluarga Malaysia (BKM) programme for the B40 group.
For example, if you are a B40 senior citizen who is supposed to receive RM150 in Phase 2 of BKM, you will now receive RM200 = RM150 (BKM) + RM50 (additional cost of living subsidy).
- New Taxes On Small Online Purchases + Delivery In Malaysia!
- Malaysia Removes Price Control, Subsidy For Chicken, Eggs, Cooking Oil!
- Cloudflare Went Down, Knocking Many Websites Offline!
- Bitcoin Rebounds Above $20K, Ether Shoots Over $1,100!
- The Brief Kiss That Got Lightyear Banned In 14+ Countries!