Hsinchu, Taiwan, 6 Sep 2016 – Cloud-based storage has become essential nowadays, driving enterprise and corporations exploring solutions to build up better storage infrastructure. Kingston today announced the Kingston DC400 Datacenter SSD, the latest solid-state drive to its range of enterprise solutions.
Kingston DC400 SSD
The Kingston DC400 SSD is an entry-level enterprise drive designed for server use in data centers especially for customers who deploy a rip-and-replace strategy. It is ideal for read-intensive applications such as boot, web servers and lower data rate operational databases and analytics – especially in data center mixed workload environments where endurance and reliability are important.
The Kingston DC400 SSD offers superior quality of service for data center customers whose workload environment calls for sustained IOPS and consistent low latency. An expanded on-board DRAM acceleration cache enables high, sustained IOPS to increase performance over a wide range of read/write workloads. Standard as well as user-adjustable over-provisioning improves random IOPS performance and endurance while enterprise firmware improves latency and delivers consistently low data access times under steady-state workloads.[adrotate group=”1″]
Additionally, the Kingston DC400 SSD features enterprise-class reliability with end-to-end data path protection and firmware-implemented power-loss protection (“pFAIL”).
“Kingston is proud to offer our next generation entry-level enterprise SATA SSD to our data center and corporate customers looking for consistent application performance, stringent quality of service requirements and all-around reliability,” said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. “DC400 SSD’s combination of high IOPS, low latency and advanced data protection gives server IT managers and decision makers the perfect front-loading server storage option that they can deploy with confidence.”
The Kingston DC400 SSD is available in 400GB, 480GB, 800GB, 960GB, 1.6TB and 1.8TB capacities. The 400GB, 800GB and 1.6TB capacities are performance optimized with greater IOPs for faster application performance and reduced storage latency. The 1.8TB capacity read-intensive optimized model is factory-tuned for read-intensive workloads.
To further help companies and organizations out, Kingston offers industry-leading sales support through its Ask an Expert program. It also offers the Kingston SSD Manager, a free, downloadable toolbox to monitor drive health, status and disk usage.
The Kingston DC400 is backed by a limited five-year warranty and free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Kingston DC400 Features & Specifications
- Form factor: 2.5″
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities: 400 GB, 480 GB, 800 GB, 960 GB, 1.6 TB, 1.8 TB
- Sequential Read/Write:
- 400 GB – up to 555/535MB/s
- 480 GB – up to 555/535MB/s
- 800 GB – up to 555/530MB/s
- 960 GB – up to 555/520MB/s
- 1600 GB – up to 555/510MB/s
- 1800 GB – up to 555/500MB/s
- Maximum Random 4k Read/Write:
- 400 GB – up to 99,000/90,000 IOPS
- 480 GB – up to 99,000/90,000 IOPS
- 800 GB – up to 99,000/89,000 IOPS
- 960 GB – up to 99,000/88,000 IOPS
- 1600 GB – up to 100,000/88,000 IOPS
- 1800 GB – up to 99,000/86,000 IOPS
- Steady-State 4k Read/Write:
- 400 GB – up to 85,000/35,000 IOPS
- 480 GB – up to 85,000/11,000 IOPS
- 800 GB – up to 78,000/32,000 IOPS
- 960 GB – up to 78,000/11,000 IOPS
- 1600 GB – up to 78,000/32,000 IOPS
- 1800 GB – up to 67,000/18,000 IOPS
- Quality of Service (Latency): Read/Write: <400µs
- Hot-Plug Capable
- Static and Dynamic Wear Leveling
- Enterprise SMART Tools: reliability tracking, usage statistics, life remaining, wear leveling, temperature
- 480 GB: 257 TB (0.30 DWPD)
- 960 GB: 564 TB (0.32 DWPD)
- 400 GB: 422 TB (0.57 DWPD)
- 800 GB: 860 TB (0.58 DWPD)
- 1600 GB: 1678 TB (0.57 DWPD)
- 1800 GB: 1432 TB (0.43 DWPD)
- Power Consumption:
- Idle: 1.56 W
- Average: 1.6 W
- Max Read: 1.8 W
- Max Write: 4.86 W
- Storage temperature: -40 °C ~ 85 °C
- Operating temperature: 0 °C ~ 70 °C
- Dimensions: 69.9 mm x 100 mm x 7.0 mm
- Weight: 92.34 g
- Vibration operating: 2.17 G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20 G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- MTBF: 2 million hours
Warranty/support: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support[adrotate group=”1″]
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!