The new Intel Nervana NNP-T1000 neural network processor comes in PCIe and Mezzanine card options designed for AI training acceleration.
Here is EVERYTHING you need to know about the Intel Nervana NNP-T1000 PCIe and Mezzanine card options!
Intel Nervana Neural Network Processors
Intel Nervana neural network processors, NNPs for short, are designed to accelerated two key deep learning technologies – training and inference.
To target these two different tasks, Intel created two AI accelerator families – Nervana NNP-T that’s optimised for training, and Nervana NNP-I that’s optimised for inference.
They are both paired with a full software stack, developed with open components and deep learning framework integration.
Recommended : Intel Nervana AI Accelerators : Everything You Need To Know!
Intel Nervana NNP-T1000
The Intel Nervana NNP-T1000 is not only capable of training even the most complex deep learning models, it is highly scalable – offering near linear scaling and efficiency.
By combining compute, memory and networking capabilities in a single ASIC, it allows for maximum efficiency with flexible and simple scaling.
Each Nervana NNP-T1000 is powered by up to 24 Tensor Processing Clusters (TPCs), and comes with 16 bi-directional Inter-Chip Links (ICL).
Its TPC supports 32-bit floating point (FP32) and brain floating point (bfloat16) formats, allowing for multiple deep learning primitives with maximum processing efficiency.
Its high-speed ICL communication fabric allows for near-linear scaling, directly connecting multiple NNP-T cards within servers, between servers and even inside and across racks.
- High compute utilisation using Tensor Processing Clusters (TPC) with bfloat16 numeric format
- Both on-die SRAM and on-package High-Bandwidth Memory (HBM) keep data local, reducing movement
- Its Inter-Chip Links (ICL) glueless fabric architecture and fully-programmable router achieves near-linear scaling across multiple cards, systems and PODs
- Available in PCIe and OCP Open Accelerator Module (OAM) form factors
- Offers a programmable Tensor-based instruction set architecture (ISA)
- Supports common open-source deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, PaddlePaddle and PyTorch
Intel Nervana NNP-T1000 Models
The Intel Nervana NNP-T1000 is currently available in two form factors – a dual-slot PCI Express card, and a OAM Mezzanine Card, with these specifications :
|Specifications||Intel Nervana NNP-T1300||Intel Nervana NNP-T1400|
|Form Factor||Dual-slot PCIe Card||OAM Mezzanine Card|
|Compliance||PCIe CEM||OAM 1.0|
|Compute Cores||22 TPCs||24 TPCs|
|Frequency||950 MHz||1100 MHz|
|SRAM||55 MB on-chip, with ECC||60 MB on-chip, with ECC|
|Memory||32 GB HBM2, with ECC||32 GB HBM2, with ECC|
|Memory Bandwidth||2.4 Gbps (300 MB/s)|
|Inter-Chip Link (ICL)||16 x 112 Gbps (448 GB/s)|
|ICL Topology||Ring||Ring, Hybrid Cube Mesh,
|I/O to Host CPU||PCIe Gen3 / Gen4 x16|
|Thermal Solution||Passive, Integrated||Passive Cooling|
|TDP||300 W||375 W|
|Dimensions||265.32 mm x 111.15 mm||165 mm x 102 mm|
Intel Nervana NNP-T1000 PCIe Card
This is what the Intel Nervana NNP-T1000 (also known as the NNP-T1300) PCIe card looks like :
Intel Nervana NNP-T1000 OAM Mezzanine Card
This is what the Intel Nervana NNP-T1000 (also known as NNP-T1400) Mezzanine card looks like :
Recommended Reading[adrotate group=”2″]
- Intel Nervana AI Accelerators : Everything You Need To Know!
- Intel Nervana NNP-I1000 PCIe + M.2 Cards Revealed!
- 3rd Gen AMD Threadripper Tech + Performance Preview!
- AMD Ryzen 9 3950X : Everything You Need To Know!
- AMD Fall 2019 Desktop Ryzen + Threadripper Update!
- AMD Athlon 3000G : The Last Raven Ridge APU!
- How AMD CPUs Work In A Secured-core PC Device!
- AMD Radeon RX 5500 Series : Everything You Need To Know!
- The Intel Core Processor Number Guide – What They Mean!
- 10th Gen Intel Comet Lake : 1 Step Forward, 1 Step Back!
- 10th Gen Intel Ice Lake Mobile CPU Features + Specifications!
- 2nd Gen EPYC – Everything You Need To Know Summarised!
- AMD EPYC 7002 Series Price + Specifications Compared!
- The Tech ARP Mobile GPU Comparison Guide
- The Tech ARP Mobile CPU Comparison Guide
- The Workstation & Server CPU Comparison Guide
- The Tech ARP Desktop CPU Comparison Guide
- The Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor In-Depth Review!
- AMD Ryzen 3000 Series Price, Availability + Specifications!
- Intel Optane Memory H10 With QLC 3D NAND Revealed!
- 2019 Intel Data-Centric Xeon, Optane-DC + SSD D5 Solutions!
- Here Is The Ryzen R1000 APU That Powers The Atari VCS!
- The 2019 HUAWEI MateBook 13 Price + Deals Revealed!
- The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme In-Depth Review!
- The Four 2019 Dell G7 + G5 Gaming Laptops Revealed!
- The 2019 Alienware m17 Gaming Laptop Revealed!
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Price + Pre-Order Details Revealed!
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 Price + Pre-Order Details!
Go Back To > Business + Enterprise | Home
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!