The new Intel Nervana NNP-I1000 neural network processor comes in PCIe and M.2 card options designed for AI inference acceleration.
Here is EVERYTHING you need to know about the Intel Nervana NNP-I1000 PCIe and M.2 card options!
Intel Nervana Neural Network Processors
Intel Nervana neural network processors, NNPs for short, are designed to accelerated two key deep learning technologies – training and inference.
To target these two different tasks, Intel created two AI accelerator families – Nervana NNP-T that’s optimised for training, and Nervana NNP-I that’s optimised for inference.
They are both paired with a full software stack, developed with open components and deep learning framework integration.
Intel Nervana NNP-I1000
The Intel Nervana NNP-I1000, on the other hand, is optimised for multi-modal inferencing of near-real-time, high-volume compute.
Each Nervana NNP-I1000 features 12 Inference Compute Engines (ICE), which are paired with two Intel CPU cores, a large on-die 75 MB SRAM cache and an on-die Network-on-Chip (NoC).
It offers mixed-precision support, with a special focus on low-precision applications for near-real-time performance.
Like the NNP-T, the NNP-I comes with a full software stack that is built with open components, including direct integration with deep learning frameworks.
Intel Nervana NNP-I1000 Models
The Nervana NNP-I1000 comes in a M.2 form factor, or a PCI Express card, to accommodate exponentially larger and more complex models, or to run dozens of models and networks in parallel.
|Specifications||Intel Nervana NNP-I1100||Intel Nervana NNP-I1300|
|Form Factor||M.2 Card||PCI Express Card|
|Compute||1 x Intel Nervana NNP-I1000||2 x Intel Nervana NNP-I1000|
|SRAM||75 MB||2 x 75 MB|
|Int8 Performance||Up to 50 TOPS||Up to 170 TOPS|
|TDP||12 W||75 W|
Intel Nervana NNP-I1000 PCIe Card
This is what the Intel Nervana NNP-I1000 (also known as the NNP-I1100) PCIe card looks like :
Intel Nervana NNP-I1000 M.2 Card
This is what the Intel Nervana NNP-I1000 (also known as the NNP-I1300) M.2 card looks like :
Recommended Reading[adrotate group=”2″]
- Intel Nervana AI Accelerators : Everything You Need To Know!
- Intel Nervana NNP-T1000 PCIe + Mezzanine Cards Revealed!
- 3rd Gen AMD Threadripper Tech + Performance Preview!
- AMD Ryzen 9 3950X : Everything You Need To Know!
- AMD Fall 2019 Desktop Ryzen + Threadripper Update!
- AMD Athlon 3000G : The Last Raven Ridge APU!
- How AMD CPUs Work In A Secured-core PC Device!
- AMD Radeon RX 5500 Series : Everything You Need To Know!
- The Intel Core Processor Number Guide – What They Mean!
- 10th Gen Intel Comet Lake : 1 Step Forward, 1 Step Back!
- 10th Gen Intel Ice Lake Mobile CPU Features + Specifications!
- 2nd Gen EPYC – Everything You Need To Know Summarised!
- AMD EPYC 7002 Series Price + Specifications Compared!
- The Tech ARP Mobile GPU Comparison Guide
- The Tech ARP Mobile CPU Comparison Guide
- The Workstation & Server CPU Comparison Guide
- The Tech ARP Desktop CPU Comparison Guide
- The Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor In-Depth Review!
- AMD Ryzen 3000 Series Price, Availability + Specifications!
- Intel Optane Memory H10 With QLC 3D NAND Revealed!
- 2019 Intel Data-Centric Xeon, Optane-DC + SSD D5 Solutions!
- Here Is The Ryzen R1000 APU That Powers The Atari VCS!
- The 2019 HUAWEI MateBook 13 Price + Deals Revealed!
- The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme In-Depth Review!
- The Four 2019 Dell G7 + G5 Gaming Laptops Revealed!
- The 2019 Alienware m17 Gaming Laptop Revealed!
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Price + Pre-Order Details Revealed!
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 Price + Pre-Order Details!
Go Back To > Business + Enterprise | Home
Support Tech ARP!