The new Intel Nervana NNP-I1000 neural network processor comes in PCIe and M.2 card options designed for AI inference acceleration.
Here is EVERYTHING you need to know about the Intel Nervana NNP-I1000 PCIe and M.2 card options!
Intel Nervana Neural Network Processors
Intel Nervana neural network processors, NNPs for short, are designed to accelerated two key deep learning technologies – training and inference.
To target these two different tasks, Intel created two AI accelerator families – Nervana NNP-T that’s optimised for training, and Nervana NNP-I that’s optimised for inference.
They are both paired with a full software stack, developed with open components and deep learning framework integration.
Recommended : Intel Nervana AI Accelerators : Everything You Need To Know!
Intel Nervana NNP-I1000
The Intel Nervana NNP-I1000, on the other hand, is optimised for multi-modal inferencing of near-real-time, high-volume compute.
Each Nervana NNP-I1000 features 12 Inference Compute Engines (ICE), which are paired with two Intel CPU cores, a large on-die 75 MB SRAM cache and an on-die Network-on-Chip (NoC).
It offers mixed-precision support, with a special focus on low-precision applications for near-real-time performance.
Like the NNP-T, the NNP-I comes with a full software stack that is built with open components, including direct integration with deep learning frameworks.
Intel Nervana NNP-I1000 Models
The Nervana NNP-I1000 comes in a M.2 form factor, or a PCI Express card, to accommodate exponentially larger and more complex models, or to run dozens of models and networks in parallel.
|Specifications||Intel Nervana NNP-I1100||Intel Nervana NNP-I1300|
|Form Factor||M.2 Card||PCI Express Card|
|Compute||1 x Intel Nervana NNP-I1000||2 x Intel Nervana NNP-I1000|
|SRAM||75 MB||2 x 75 MB|
|Int8 Performance||Up to 50 TOPS||Up to 170 TOPS|
|TDP||12 W||75 W|
Intel Nervana NNP-I1000 PCIe Card
This is what the Intel Nervana NNP-I1000 (also known as the NNP-I1100) PCIe card looks like :
Intel Nervana NNP-I1000 M.2 Card
This is what the Intel Nervana NNP-I1000 (also known as the NNP-I1300) M.2 card looks like :
Recommended Reading[adrotate group=”2″]
- Intel Nervana AI Accelerators : Everything You Need To Know!
- Intel Nervana NNP-T1000 PCIe + Mezzanine Cards Revealed!
- 3rd Gen AMD Threadripper Tech + Performance Preview!
- AMD Ryzen 9 3950X : Everything You Need To Know!
- AMD Fall 2019 Desktop Ryzen + Threadripper Update!
- AMD Athlon 3000G : The Last Raven Ridge APU!
- How AMD CPUs Work In A Secured-core PC Device!
- AMD Radeon RX 5500 Series : Everything You Need To Know!
- The Intel Core Processor Number Guide – What They Mean!
- 10th Gen Intel Comet Lake : 1 Step Forward, 1 Step Back!
- 10th Gen Intel Ice Lake Mobile CPU Features + Specifications!
- 2nd Gen EPYC – Everything You Need To Know Summarised!
- AMD EPYC 7002 Series Price + Specifications Compared!
- The Tech ARP Mobile GPU Comparison Guide
- The Tech ARP Mobile CPU Comparison Guide
- The Workstation & Server CPU Comparison Guide
- The Tech ARP Desktop CPU Comparison Guide
- The Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor In-Depth Review!
- AMD Ryzen 3000 Series Price, Availability + Specifications!
- Intel Optane Memory H10 With QLC 3D NAND Revealed!
- 2019 Intel Data-Centric Xeon, Optane-DC + SSD D5 Solutions!
- Here Is The Ryzen R1000 APU That Powers The Atari VCS!
- The 2019 HUAWEI MateBook 13 Price + Deals Revealed!
- The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme In-Depth Review!
- The Four 2019 Dell G7 + G5 Gaming Laptops Revealed!
- The 2019 Alienware m17 Gaming Laptop Revealed!
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6 Price + Pre-Order Details Revealed!
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 Price + Pre-Order Details!
Go Back To > Business + Enterprise | Home
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!