HUAWEI announced today (4 March 2020) that they successfully completed the first live trial of their 800G optical transport network with China Mobile in Zhejiang.
This moves HUAWEI one step closer to the commercialisation of their 800G optical transport network solution, which will support 5G, big data and cloud computing in China.
HUAWEI Completes 800G Optical Transport Trial In Zhejiang!
The HUAWEI 800G optical transport solution promises to meet China Mobile (Zhejiang)’s large-capacity transmission requirements for tens of millions of users.
It achieves this by delivering up to 48 Terabits per second of bandwidth per-fibre – which is 6 times the capacity of traditional 100G networks, allowing it to support 1 million concurrent 4K video streams.
HUAWEI reported that the first live test of their 800G optical transport solution, using two data centres 80 kilometres apart, was successful.
HUAWEI 800G Optical Transport Trial : Why It Matters
The deployment of such 800G high-capacity transport solutions will greatly increase the capacity and efficiency of China Mobile (Zhejiang)’s optical networks.
This will be important in the next five years as new technologies like 5G, cloud computing, big data and AR/VR become more common, and require more bandwidth.
China Mobile (Zhejiang) states that they plan to strengthen its cooperation with HUAWEI to “build more efficient optical networks, and provide high-quality connection services“.
- HUAWEI Mate Xs vs Mate X : What’s Different?
- HUAWEI Mate Xs : Foldable Smartphone Hands-On Preview!
- HUAWEI Mate Xs : EVERYTHING You Need To Know!
- TÜV AUSTRIA Cybersecurity Lab Official Launch In Malaysia!
- Get Ready For The 5G Revolution In Malaysia!
- Dell 2030 Progress Made Real Goals Revealed!
- Jeff Clarke : Tech Predictions For 2020 + Next Data Decade!
- TikTok Finally Bans Deadly Skull Breaker Challenge!
- Microsoft : Cybersecurity Trends + How To Stay Safe In 2020!
- HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro 5G : Why You Should Buy It NOW!
- HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro 5G : Price + Launch Deal In Malaysia!
- HUAWEI nova 7i : Arriving In Time For Valentine’s Day!
- How To Optimise For 64 Cores : An AMD Guide!
- Acer C250i Auto-Portrait Portable Projector : First Look!
- TNG + Shell Announce RFID Fuel Payment + Offers!
- 2020 Acer Veriton K8 Workstation : First Look!
- Celcom + Maxis : First 5G Network Sharing Trial Succeeds!
Go Back To > Business + Enterprise | Home
Support Tech ARP!