Dell Technologies just commissioned the largest on-site solar panel globally in Penang, Malaysia!
Here is what you need to know about this latest green initiative by Dell Technologies!
Dell Commissions Largest Solar Panel Globally In Malaysia!
Dell Technologies just commissioned the largest on-site solar panel globally at their Asia Pacific Customer Centre (APCC2) in Bukit Mertajam, Penang in Malaysia!
This RM2.25 million (~US$550,000) solar photovoltaic system is the first in Southeast Asia for a Dell Technologies facility.
This 700 kWp rooftop system consists of 1,590 highly-efficient solar panels, that will produce nearly 1,000 MWh of renewable electricity every year.
That is enough to power more than ¼ of the production lines at this 24-hour facility, reducing its annual greenhouse gas emissions by about 650 metric tonnes!
Dell Solar Panel In Malaysia : Towards Progress Made Real 2030!
This commissioning of such a large solar panel system is part of Dell Technologies’ Progress Made Real 2030 plan to create a positive and lasting social impact on humankind and the planet through 2030 and beyond.
Amongst other goals, Progress Made Real aims to source 75% of electricity from renewal energy sources across all Dell Technologies facilities by 2030, and 100% by 2040, with the goal of net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050.
“We all have a role in protecting the planet. That is why Dell Technologies has committed to reducing our emissions across facilities, our supply chain and in the energy intensity of our products over the next decade, and reaching net zero emissions by 2050,” said Pang Yee Beng, senior vice president, South Asia, and managing director, Malaysia, Dell Technologies. “This solar power installation is key to us achieving this goal and we are extremely proud to lead the way in Malaysia with our largest on-site solar power installation globally to reduce emissions and create positive environmental impact.”
- Google AdSense Reality Check : How Much Do We Make?
- 2021 Dell Latitude 5520 : Our In-Depth Review!
- Dell XPS 13 (9300) Review : Incredible Ultra-Light Laptop!
- Dell G5 15 5500 Review : Affordable RTX Gaming @ 144 Hz!
- MySejahtera BootstrapMade Controversy Explained!
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Dev Kit for Windows 10 : First Look!
- Dell Survey On Remote Work Readiness In Malaysia!
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 For Entry-Level Laptops!
- Dell UltraSharp 27 (U2722D) USB-C Hub Monitor Revealed!
- Dell UltraSharp 24 (U2422HE) USB-C Hub Monitor Revealed!
- Dell UltraSharp 40 (U4021QW) Curved Monitor Revealed!
- Dell EMC PowerProtect Cyber Recovery for Sheltered Harbor!
- PowerProtect Data Manager Nov 2020 Update: What’s New?