Dell EMC just announced major software operating system updates to Dell EMC Unity and SC Series storage arrays, giving customers powerful new features and a big boost in the performance, functionality and longevity of their investments.
Dell EMC Unity and SC Storage Arrays Get Major Updates!
As part of the software built into both Dell EMC Unity and SC Series All-flash and Hybrid storage arrays, customers can upgrade their operating system non-disruptively and at no cost (for customers with active ProSupport agreements) to improve workload performance, storage capacity and data protection and availability.
New Dell EMC Unity OE features
The new Dell EMC Unity operating environment gains the following new replication, data mobility and security features to ensure uninterrupted operations of applications that support the business:
Array-based file replication
- New Metrosync array-based file replication protects transactional file applications with rapid recovery and automated failover to a secondary data center
- 2-Way NDMP improves performance for better NAS backup times while reducing WAN/LAN network congestion
- Built-in data mobility capabilities to migrate block data from third-party storage arrays directly to Dell EMC Unity
- LDAP/AD enhancements for performance, availability, and search flexibility for Microsoft environments
The addition of Metrosync for file delivers a complete complement of array-based replication, with synchronous and asynchronous block and file replication options now included with every Dell EMC Unity Hybrid and All-Flash configuration. These replication options combine to improve transactional application data RPO and RTO, long distance disaster recovery, and data aggregation and distribution.
Dell EMC SC Series Improvements
For the past several quarters, Dell EMC engineers have embarked on a top-to-bottom code optimisation of SCOS to extract higher performance and efficiency from SC Series hybrid and all-flash arrays, while also improving management, analytics and monitoring. New SCOS 7.3 features include:
MajorIOPS performance boost
- Now up to 2.2M max IOPS per array, over 20M in federated multi-array environments
- 2X increase in maximum IOPS across every current SC array model
- 50,000-100,000 more mixed-workload IOPS across every SC array
Improved management for single and multi-array environments[adrotate group=”2″]
- New Unisphere for SC HTML5 Web UI simplifies and automates common storage management tasks; shares common look and feel with Unisphere for Dell EMC Unity
Easier, more cost-effective upgrades and expansion
- Up to 2X increase in maximum capacity per array
- Data-in-place upgrades for the popular SC4020 offers cost-effective option for customers to migrate data to newer SC models
- SCv2000 can now federate/replicate with other SC Series arrays
More enterprise-class efficiency and availability
- Support for 100Gb and 25Gb iSCSI network hardware offers customers future-proof solutions and buying assurance
- Distributed sparing, for greater I/O efficiency and up to 500% faster rebuilds
- Live Volume enhancements designed to deliver lower latency and reduced network traffic in high availability environments
By upgrading to the new SCOS 7.3, SC Series customers can gain an overnight boost in workload performance. Three SC array models now provide over 1 million IOPS. Dell EMC tests show real-world applications such as VDI and SQL OLTP can perform 33% to 54% faster with SCOS 7.3.
Dell EMC Unity OE 4.4 and SC Series SCOS 7.3 Availability
Dell EMC Unity OE 4.4 and SC Series SCOS 7.3 are now available in Malaysia as no-cost software upgrades for customers with an active Dell ProSupport agreement.
Go Back To > Enterprise + Business | Home
Support Tech ARP!