At Dell Technologies Forum 2019, Dell Technologies announced their next-generation Data Domain protection storage appliances – the Dell EMC PowerProtect DD Appliance.
They also announced changes and improvements to Dell EMC Cyber Recovery and PowerProtect Software.
Here is everything you need to know about the new Dell EMC PowerProtect DD Appliances, as well as Cyber Recovery and PowerProtect software updates.
The Need For Dell EMC PowerProtect DD
As businesses become more data-driven, there is a corresponding increase in the amount of data they create and retain.
According to Dell EMC, organisations in Asia Pacific and Japan manage an average of 8.13 petabytes of data in 2018 – a 384% increase over 2016.
All that data is vulnerable, even if they are stored in the cloud. That’s where Dell EMC comes in with their PowerProtect DD Series Appliances.
They are designed to protect a business’ data storage, with the ability to quickly restore their systems in times of disruption to ensure business continuity.
Dell EMC PowerProtect DD for Multi-Cloud Data Protection
The new PowerProtect DD appliances are the latest addition to the Dell EMC PowerProtect portfolio. Designed to offer data protection for multi-cloud workloads, PowerProtect DD offers :
The PowerProtect DD appliances offer up to 38% faster backups, and up to 36% faster restores.
They can provide instant access and instant restores of up to 60,000 IOPS for up to 64 virtual machines, with support for 25 GbE and 100 GbE network speeds.
PowerProtect DD can provide up to 1.25 PB of usable capacity in a single rack, with hardware-assisted compression to increase logical capacity by up to 30%.
Its small footprint also saves power and cooling requirements by up to 35%, increasing ROI for organisations.
PowerProtect DD is scalable, with grow-in-place capacity expansion from 1 terabyte all the way to 1.25 petabytes.
Data Protection For Multi-Cloud Workloads
PowerProtect DD supports multiple public clouds, and can natively tier deduplicated data. It can also scale across on-premise and hybrid cloud environments.
Single Pane of Glass Management
Its PowerProtect DD Management Center allows for the aggregated management for multiple systems. Customers can monitor the health and status of all their appliances on-premise and in the cloud, as well as manage capacity and replications.
Improved Cyber Recovery + PowerProtect Software
Dell EMC also announced improvements to Cyber Recovery and PowerProtect Software :
- Cyber Recovery now supports workloads protected with PowerProtect Software and stored on the new PowerProtect DD Series Appliances
- Cyber Recovery can now automate restores from a secure and isolated vault, giving customers an additional layer of data protection
- PowerProtect Software adds more integrated with VMware vSphere, offering simplified data protection management and self-service recovery
- PowerProtect Software also now supports Dell EMC Cloud Disaster Recovery, allowing the automated disaster recovery of VMware workloads in the public cloud
Dell EMC PowerProtect DD Availability
The three new PowerProtect DD Series Appliances – PowerProtect DD6900, PowerProtect DD9400 and PowerProtect DD9900 – will be available globally 30 September 2019 onwards through Dell Technologies channel partners
Dell EMC Data Domain Virtual Edition and Dell EMC Data Domain DD3300, now branded Dell EMC PowerProtect DD Virtual Edition and Dell EMC PowerProtect DD3300, are available now
Enhancements to Dell EMC PowerProtect Cyber Recovery and PowerProtect Software are available globally, with immediate effect.
- Dell OptiPlex 7070 Ultra, A Flexible Modular Zero-Footprint PC!
- Dell Introduces Two Latitude Chromebook Enterprise Laptops!
- The Alienware Aurora R9 Legend Gaming Desktop Revealed!
- The Alibaba Hanguang 800 (含光 800) AI NPU Explained!
- CPU / DRAM CLK Synch CTL – The Tech ARP BIOS Guide!
- AMD Ryzen 9 3950X + 3rd Gen Threadripper Delayed To Nov!
- The Tech ARP Mobile GPU Comparison Guide
- Dell Unveils 2019 Precision 3540 + 3541 Mobile Workstations!
- The 2019 Dell Latitude Laptops + Technologies Revealed!
- CPUID Maximum Value Limit from The Tech ARP BIOS Guide!
- NVIDIA ACE vs NVIDIA RTX Studio Laptops Comparison
- The NVIDIA ACE Design For Creator Laptops Explained!
- The Acer Predator Thronos Air Gaming Cockpit Revealed!
- Bank Swizzle Mode from The Tech ARP BIOS Guide
- Cooler Master MasterBox CM694 Details Revealed!
- The Intel Core Processor Number Guide – What They Mean!
- The 10th Gen Intel Core Processor Number Guide!
Go Back To > Computer Systems | Business + Enterprise | Home
Support Tech ARP!