The CMCO SOP limits restaurants to 4 people per large table, so is it possible for a family of 4 to get fined RM 1,000 per person for dining at a restaurant?
Claim : RM4K Fine For Family Of 4 At Restaurant During CMCO
This was the claim that has gone viral on WhatsApp :
The CMCO SOP On Family Dining In A Restaurant
Yes, there is still a 4 person limit for large tables, but there is a new limit of 2 persons from each household allowed to dine in a restaurant.
You can compare the two rules in page 3 and page 1 of the Peninsular Malaysia CMCO SOP below.
And here is our video with English translations of the CMCO SOP.
Restaurant Dining Limit During CMCO : Our Verdict
It appears that yes, you can be fined RM1,000 per person for dining in a restaurant, if there are more than 2 persons from the same household at the same table.
A family dining together at the same table is no different from staying in the same house, and definitely not as risky than two different couples, or four friends, dining at the same table.
However, it appears that CPRC and MKN want to prevent families from going out, period.
That’s why in addition to the 2-person per household limit to leave the house, they specifically extended that limit to dining in restaurants, cafes and other eateries.
Will they change their minds like the requirement to scan MySejahtera at petrol stations? Time will tell…
But for now, families should NOT eat together in restaurants. Stay safe, everyone!
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Stay at home or shelter in place
- Keep your hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep your home, office, vehicle, etc. clean
- If you must go out, maintain a social distance of 6 feet (2 metres)
- Wear a surgical mask and make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Was This Driver FINED For Letting His Wife Sit Next To Him?
- Latest MySejahtera SOP For Petrol Stations : To Scan Or Not?
- Scan MySejahtera At Petrol Station, Or Get Fined RM1K?
- Peninsular Malaysia : Official CMCO / PKPB SOP!
- Peninsular Malaysia : CMCO Lockdown Until 6 December!
- Nilai CMCO Lockdown To Start On 28 October 2020!
- Klang Valley CMCO Lockdown Extended To 9 November 2020!
- MRT Kajang Line : Transit Officer Positive For COVID-19!
- FamilyMart KLIA2 : Staff Tests Positive For COVID-19!
- Interstate Travel SOP For CMCO Areas In Peninsular Malaysia
- Fact Check : Empty Shops In Johor Bahru Due To COVID?
- Fact Check : Malaysian Airline System (MAS) In Liquidation?
- Fact Check: RM1K CMCO Fine For Sitting Side By Side In Car!
- 1 Utama Mac City COVID-19 Infection : An Update!
- MySejahtera / Logbook : Register Or Get Fined RM1,000!
- COVID-19 Reality Check : 34.5 Million Infected, 1 Million Dead!
- IMR : D614G Mutation Found In All New COVID-19 Clusters!
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- Did A Ringing Phone Cause This Gas Stove Explosion?
- Elbow Pit Slapping For Heart Attack : Does It Work?
- Fact Check : Does The LPG Gas Tank Pressure Test Work?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Did Fauci Write That Angry COVID-19 Post : How Dare You?
- Fact Check : Science Supports Pig As Haram With Proofs?
- Dexamethasone : Do NOT Self-Medicate Against COVID-19!
- Fact Check: Changi Airport Passengers Must Wear PPE Suits?
- Fact Check : Fridge Magnet Cancer Warning By Princeton Uni!
- Fact Check : Flower of the Holy Spirit – From Saint To Dove!
- COVID-19 : Release Patients Even If Positive After 14 Days?
- Fact Check : Hand Sanitiser Catches Fire, Burns Woman!
- Higher RON Octane Rating Myth Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
Go Back To > Fact Checks | Business | Home