Celcom and Maxis just announced that they successfully conducted Southeast Asia’s first 5G network sharing trial! Here are the details!
Celcom + Maxis : First 5G Network Sharing Trial Succeeds!
Celcom and Maxis conducted Southeast Asia’s first 5G Multi Operator Core Network (MOCN) trial in December 2019, following the MoU agreement on 25 November 2019.
It utilised the Maxis 5G site at Seaview Hotel in Kuah, and the Celcom 5G site at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, testing their capability to support both Maxis and Celcom users.
MOCN is a sharing mechanism that allows two different core networks to share the same RAN (Radio Active Network).
Using MOCN allows Celcom and Maxis to quickly extend their 5G coverage across Langkawi, just by leveraging their existing 5G sites.
Celcom + Maxis : Future 5G Sharing Plans
Moving forward, Celcom and Maxis plans to conduct further RAN sharing trials using 5G Standalone (5G SA) network this quarter, Q1 2020.
Recommended Reading[adrotate group=”2″]
- Celcom + Maxis To Explore 5G Network Sharing!
- Maxis Showcases aquariaKLCC 5G AR Experience!
- 100Mbps ViewQwest Freedom 100 Price + Offer Analysed!
- Maxis 100PeratusMalaysia Celebrates Malaysian Diversity!
- The Maxis AI Network Explained – Getting Ready For 5G!
- MaxisONE Share Plan Improved With Zerolution + More Data!
- The 2019 Fibrenation Plans + Devices From Maxis Revealed!
- The 2019 Hotlink System Upgrade – What You Need To Know!
- YTL Terragraph Public WiFi Network In Penang Goes Live!
- The Maxis NB-IoT (Narrowband IoT) Service Unveiled!
- Maxis And Celcom Tops 2019 Opensignal Report!
- New 2018 MaxisONE Prime Offers Unlimited Data for Families!
- Introducing The CHEAPER Maxis Fibre Broadband Plans!
- The Maxis Zerolution360 Programme Explained + Analysed!
Go Back To > Business + Enterprise | Mobile | Home
Support Tech ARP!