Celcom and Maxis just signed an MOU to explore the possibility of sharing their 5G infrastructure to accelerate 5G rollout in Malaysia. Here are the details!
Celcom + Maxis To Explore 5G Network Sharing!
Celcom and Maxis today (25 November 2019) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to explore a potential partnership for the deployment of the next-generation 5G network infrastructure across Malaysia.
They will both look at the potential collaboration in the joint deployment of 5G infrastructure in selected areas in Malaysia. Maxis and Celcom will still maintain their own networks, and remain competitive in other areas.
This potential collaboration could help deliver significant cost savings to both telcos, and let them deliver a faster roll-out of 5G services.
Such a collaboration will also enable both telcos to explore possible business opportunities in key 5G strategic areas.
Signing on behalf of Celcom was Idham Nawawi, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and Muniff Kamaruddin, Chief Strategy and Value Creation Officer. Meanwhile, Maxis was represented by Gokhan Ogut, CEO and Morten Bangsgaard, Chief Technology & Information Officer.
Celcom On 5G Network Sharing MoU With Maxis
Idham Nawawi, Celcom CEO said, “We believe collaboration is the way forward for the industry and working with Maxis to explore a more coordinated 5G deployment in Malaysia is something we are excited about. 5G is the next evolution that will transform how people work, live and play. It will enable a more enhanced consumer experience as well as create new opportunities for consumers, students, governments and businesses alike. Our potential collaboration will pave the way for the delivery of a world-class 5G network, on top of our existing 4G and 3G/2G networks, to every Malaysian, realising a truly digital Malaysia in the IR4.0 era.”
Maxis On 5G Network Sharing MoU With Celcom
Gokhan Ogut, Maxis CEO said, “We welcome the idea of collaborating with Celcom for 5G network sharing. We are already sharing towers, fiber and working together on connectivity for rural areas and USP projects. This helps us save resources and accelerate rollout. With this 5G network sharing, it presents an opportunity for us to deliver more value to our customers. Such industry collaboration is important in supporting Malaysia’s ambition in driving the digital economy.”
Recommended Reading[adrotate group=”2″]
- Maxis Showcases aquariaKLCC 5G AR Experience!
- 100Mbps ViewQwest Freedom 100 Price + Offer Analysed!
- Maxis 100PeratusMalaysia Celebrates Malaysian Diversity!
- The Maxis AI Network Explained – Getting Ready For 5G!
- MaxisONE Share Plan Improved With Zerolution + More Data!
- The 2019 Fibrenation Plans + Devices From Maxis Revealed!
- The 2019 Hotlink System Upgrade – What You Need To Know!
- YTL Terragraph Public WiFi Network In Penang Goes Live!
- The Maxis NB-IoT (Narrowband IoT) Service Unveiled!
- Maxis And Celcom Tops 2019 Opensignal Report!
- New 2018 MaxisONE Prime Offers Unlimited Data for Families!
- Introducing The CHEAPER Maxis Fibre Broadband Plans!
- The Maxis Zerolution360 Programme Explained + Analysed!
Go Back To > Business + Enterprise | Home
Support Tech ARP!