In response to the sale of counterfeit goods on their platform, Carousell introduced the Carousell Rights Owners Programme (CROP).
Find out what the Carousell Rights Owners Programme is all about, and what it means to brands and Carousell buyers and sellers!
The Carousell Rights Owners Programme (CROP)
In response to criticism that a number of sellers on their platforms were selling counterfeit goods, Carousell initiated the Carousell Rights Owners Programme (CROP) in December 2018.
Under the Carousell Rights Owners Programme (CROP), trusted brands are given the power to directly remove listings of counterfeits on Carousell with zero processing time.
CROP gives brands assurance that their rights are being protected, and Carousell users the confidence to buy and sell legitimate goods on the platform.
Why Carousell Created CROP
Carousell officially had prohibited selling counterfeit goods or replicas that violate intellectual property rights. However, prior to CROP, it required a lengthy process of flagging the item to the actual takedown by the Carousell brand protection team.
CROP drastically reduces the time needed to takedown counterfeit listings, and obviates the need for them to expand their brand protection team. In the last nine months, brands have used CROP to take down 13,000 listings.
Carousell has only allowed a selected number of brands to join CROP and access its content moderation tools. They include Nike, Grab and luxury group Kering which owns brands like Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent, Balenciaga and Bottega Veneta.
However, Carousell did not detail any recourse for sellers whose genuine items were wrongly identified as counterfeits, and taken down by CROP.
- Samsung Exynos 990 – Everything You Need To Know!
- Samsung Exynos Modem 5123 – What You Need To Know!
- 10GB + 12GB Samsung LPDDR4X uMCP Memory Details!
- Dell Offers Two DFS Flexi Options In These Countries!
- How AMD CPUs Work In A Secured-core PC Device!
- The Microsoft Secured-core PC Initiative Explained!
- Key NVIDIA EGX Announcements @ MWC Los Angeles 2019!
- Yahoo Groups To Delete All User Content! Download ‘Em Now!
- Kingston DC500 SSDs Are Now Certified VMware Ready!
- Dell EMC PowerProtect DD for Multi-Cloud Data Protection
- NTT Mega Merger Continues In Malaysia, ASEAN + APAC!
- Red Hat Partners Are Driving APAC Hybrid Cloud Adoption!
- The Alibaba Hanguang 800 (含光 800) AI NPU Explained!
- 3rd Gen X-Dragon Architecture by Alibaba Cloud Explained!
Go Back To > Business | Software | Home
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!