The government just updated the official SOP for 2022 Chinese New Year celebrations in Malaysia!
Here is what you need to know!
2022 Chinese New Year SOP For Malaysia!
On 19 January 2022, the Ministry of National Unity released the official SOP for 2022 Chinese New Year celebrations in Malaysia!
They also issued two other SOP documents + two infographics with additional SOP, so I compiled all their rules here for your convenience. I will keep updating this article, as and when they issue new “clarifications”.
Here is a video that summarises the key points of the 2022 Chinese New Year SOP for Malaysia.
2022 Chinese New Year SOP For Malaysia : 23 January Edition
- The Family Reunion Dinner is allowed on Monday, 31 January 2022.
- Prayers are allowed in non-Muslim houses of worship on 1 and 2 February 2022 (Tuesday and Wednesday), according to the existing SOP under PPN Phase 4.
- The special Hokkien clan prayers (Bai Tian Gong) are allowed on 8 and 9 February 2022 (Tuesday and Wednesday).
a) Prayers are allowed in non-Muslim houses of worship, according to the existing SOP under PPN Phase 4.
b) Prayers are allowed at individual house compounds at night, according to the Hokkien clan tradition.
- Chap Goh Meh prayers are allowed at non-Muslim houses of worship on Tuesday, 15 February 2022, according to the existing SOP under PPN Phase 4.
- You are allowed to visit family and friends from 31 January until 15 February 2022.
- Chinese New Year Receptions are allowed from 31 January until 15 February 2022
a) only those who were explicitly invited are allowed to enter
b) NOT ALLOWED to members of the public who were not invited
c) continuous receptions like open houses are NOT ALLOWED
d) allowed at up to 50% venue capacity, with physical distancing
- Chinese New Year receptions by companies or associations are allowed, subject to these restrictions :
a) held in a hall or restaurant,
b) limited invitations,
c) not held in public places, and
d) cannot be continuous, like an open house
- Lion / dragon / tiger dance are allowed from 31 January until 15 February 2022, subject to the Creative Industry (Live Performance) SOP.
The Ministry of National Unity calls on the public to always obey the SOP, and take COVID-19 precautions like wear a face mask, maintain good hygiene and ensure physical distancing.
2022 Chinese New Year SOP For Prayers In Malaysia!
Here is the additional SOP for prayer activities at non-Muslim houses of worship during Chinese New Year 2022 :
Non-Muslim Houses of Worship must :
- Open a health screening counter at the entrance, conduct a body temperature scan and look for symptoms like fever, cough, breathing difficulties and flu.
- Ensure that only fully-vaccinated people are allowed to enter, by checking their digital COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
- Make sure everyone is recorded using the MySejahtera application, or registers manually using the logbook.
- Provide hand sanitiser at the registration counter.
- Ensure that face masks are worn.
Worshippers attending prayers must :
- Scan the MySejahtera QR code, or register manually using the provided logbook.
- Scan their body temperature
- Use the provided hand sanitiser.
- Only fully-vaccinated people are allowed to enter.
- Maintain a physical distance of 1 metre.
- Must wear a face mask.
The government of Malaysia will take action against those who flout these SOP requirements.
Fully Vaccinated Definition
Under this SOP, you are only considered fully-vaccinated if you meet these requirements :
- For vaccines that require two doses (like the Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Sinovac or Sinopharm vaccines), the individual must exceed 14 days after receiving the second dose.
- For vaccines that require only one dose (like the Johnson & Johnson and CanSino vaccines), the individual must exceed 28 days after receiving the second dose.
For individuals who cannot be vaccinated on medical reasons, they must produce a medical report that has been verified by a registered medical practitioner.
Latest 2022 Chinese New Year SOP Slides : 20 January Edition
Here are the latest 2022 Chinese New Year SOP slide, as of 20 January 2022.
Please Support My Work!
Support my work through a bank transfer / PayPal / credit card!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Penang Smart Parking : RM4.40 Glitch Fixed!
- Maybank Online + Banking Services Up + Running!
- Sinovac Vaccine Is Cheaper, Not Better, So Why Bother?
- UOB Buys Citibank Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand + Vietnam!
- Ranhill Selects Maxis As Voice + Cloud Provider!
Go Back To > Business | Home | Tech ARP
Support Tech ARP!
Please support us by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or donating to our fund. Thank you!