Dell Technologies just announced the 2020 Dell EMC PowerProtect DP Series appliances!
Here is what you need to know about the next-generation integrated data protection appliances!
2020 Dell EMC PowerProtect DP Series : What Is It?
The 2020 PowerProtect DP series is the next-generation family of integrated data protection appliances (IDPA) from Dell Technologies.
They offer a complete solution for backup, recovery, replication, deduplication, cloud readiness with disaster recovery, and long-term rotation to the public cloud!
The 2020 Dell EMC DataProtect DP series are all-in-one data protection solutions that offer :
- Storage capacities from 8 terabytes to 1 petabyte
- Greater efficiency, with up to 65:1 data reduction
- Up to 38% faster backups, and up to 45% faster restores, compared to previous generation.
- Instant access and restore of up to 50% greater IOPS, compared to previous generation.
- Consumes up to 23% less power than the previous generation
- Cloud long-term retention, and cloud DR-ready
- VMware integration
The 2020 Dell EMC DataProtect DP series is also guaranteed under the Future-Proof Program, and is part of the Dell Technologies on Demand program.
2020 Dell EMC PowerProtect DP Series : Models + Key Specifications
The 2020 Dell EMC PowerProtect DP series consists of four models – DP4400, DP5900, DP8400 and DP8900. Here are their key specifications.
|Physical Capacity||8 TB to 96 TB||96 TB to 288 TB||192 TB to 768 TB||576 TB to 1 PB|
with Cloud Tier
|Up to 288 TB||Up to 864 TB||Up to 2.3 PB||Up to 3 PB|
|Logical Capacity||Up to 4.8 PB||Up to 18.7 PB||Up to 49.9 PB||Up to 65 PB|
with Cloud Tier
|Up to 14.4 PB||Up to 56.1 PB||Up to 149.7 PB||Up to 195 PB|
|Max Throughput||Up to 9 TB/hr||Up to 33 TB/hr||Up to 57 TB/hr||Up to 94 TB/hr|
|Drive Type||SAS 12 TB||SAS 4 TB||SAS 8 TB||SAS 8 TB|
|Networking||8 x RJ45, or
8 x SFP
|4 x 40 GbE uplinks
Each Quad SFP port can be split into 4 x 10 GbE
|Max. Power||475 VA||2,830 VA||5,480 VA||7,250 VA|
|Thermal Rating||1,620 BTU/hr||9,300 BTU/hr||17,800 BTU/hr||23,400 BTU/hr|
2020 Dell EMC PowerProtect DP Series : Availability
The 2020 Dell EMC PowerProtect series appliances – DP4400, DP5900, DP8400 and DP8900 – will be available globally in December 2020.
- Dell EMC PowerProtect Cyber Recovery for Sheltered Harbor!
- PowerProtect Data Manager Nov 2020 Update: What’s New?
- AMD Instinct MI100 : 11.5 TFLOPS In A Single Card!
- AMD CDNA Architecture : Tech Highlights!
- Dell Technologies DT Index 2020 : What’s New?
- Dell G5 15 5500 Review : Affordable RTX Gaming @ 144 Hz!
- Lazada RedMart Data Breach : What You Need To Know!
- Machines Northpoint : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Fact Check : Malaysian Airline System (MAS) In Liquidation?
- NVIDIA RTX A6000 + Omniverse : Specs + Details!
- VMware vSphere 7 Now Supports AMD SEV-ES Encryption!
- IDEA 2020 : Samsung Wins 48 Awards!
- Hitachi Vantara : 2020 HCI Portfolio Updates Revealed!
- Kashi Mining Company : Fake Procurement Scam Alert!
- INTERPOL : Alarming Rate Of COVID-19 Cyberattacks!
- Google Cloud Confidential VM With 2nd Gen AMD EPYC!
Go Back To > Enterprise IT | Cybersecurity | Home
Support Tech ARP!
If you like this review, please support us by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!