The 2019 Opensignal Malaysian Mobile Network Experience report reaffirmed that Maxis and Celcom continue to dominate the Malaysian mobile network market over the other four players- Digi, U Mobile, Unifi and Yes.
Find out more about the 2019 Opensignal report findings, and what it means for your mobile network experience in Malaysia!
The 2019 Opensignal Malaysian Mobile Network Experience Report
The 2019 Opensignal Malaysian Mobile Network Experience report was compiled from over 1.9 billion measurements collected from over 744, 691 devices using the Opensignal app in Malaysia. The report covered a 3-month period from December 2019 through February 2019.
In t which was compiled over a 3 month period (December 2018-February 2019), Maxis and Celcom has emerged winners ahead of their rivals Digi, U Mobile, Unifi and Yes.
The 2019 Opensignal Key Findings
The 2019 Opensignal Malaysian Mobile Network Experience report clearly showed that Maxis and Celcom are very much ahead of their other rivals in the Malaysian mobile network market.
Here are the key findings from the 2019 Opensignal report :
- Maxis and Celcom are almost equal in distancing themselves from the other four telco operators such as Digi, U Mobile, Unifi and Yes.
- Maxis won the Download Speed Experience category with an average connection of 17.9 Mbps
- Celcom won the Upload Speed Experience with an average connection of 6.3 Mbps.
- Maxis and Celcom were the only two operators to earn Good ratings in the video application metric; DiGi, U Mobile and Unifi all had either Fair or Poor ratings.
2019 Opensignal Regional Performance
The 2019 Opensignal report also showed the regional performance of Malaysia’s mobile operators in 11 Malaysian regions/cities with some rather unique results, such as;
In the 4G Availability metrics, Yes was the clear winner in Kuala Lumpur and Seberang Perai / Penang with scores above 95% – an exceptional level of LTE access.
- Celcom had 4G Availability scores above 90% in Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Baharu, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Terengganu, Malacca and Seberang Perai/Penang.
- In Ipoh, all five operators improved on their national Upload Speed Experience results while in Download Speed Experience, there were significant increases from four of the operators over their national averages.
Recommended Reading[adrotate group=”2″]
- The Maxis 4G LTE Network Is Down! What Should We Do?
- New 2018 MaxisONE Prime Offers Unlimited Data for Families!
- Yes 4G LTE Prepaid & Postpaid Plans Revealed
- The New Digi 900 MHz Network Spectrum Explained
- The U Mobile HERO+HERO Promotion Revealed!
- Khabar Baik! Here Are The Unifi Chinese New Year Offers!
Go Back To > Mobile Devices | Home
Support Tech ARP!