Intel just unveiled their new data-centric solutions – the 2019 Intel Xeon Scalable processors, the Intel Xeon D-1600 processors, as well as the Intel Optane DC and Intel SSD D5 storage solutions.
Here are the details of the newly-announced 2019 Intel data-centric solutions!
2019 Intel Data-Centric Xeon Processors
Four 2019 Intel data-centric Xeon processors were announced – the 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors, the Intel Xeon Platinum 9200 processor, the Intel Xeon D-1600 processors, and a new Intel Agilex FGPA family.
The 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors boast these key features :
- Intel Deep Learning Boost (Intel DL Boost) technology which will accelerate AI inference workloads like image-recognition, object-detection and image-segmentation within datacenter, enterprise and intelligent-edge computing environments.
- Support for Intel Optane DC persistent memory, which delivers up-to 36 TB of system-level memory capacity when combined with traditional DRAM in an eight-socket system. This triples the amount of system memory compared to the first generation Intel Xeon Scalable processor.
- Several new hardware-enhanced security features, including hardware-based side channel protections.
The Intel Xeon Platinum 9200 is a 56-core, 12 memory channel processor designed to deliver the best possible socket-level performance and industry-leading memory bandwidth for HPC computing, AI applications and high-density infrastructure.
The Intel Xeon D-1600 is a highly-integrated system-on-chip (SoC) designed for dense environments where power and space are limited. This SoC is designed for 5G and edge computing applications.
The Intel Agilex FPGA family of 10 nm FPGA processors are designed for edge computing, networking (5G / NFV) and datacenter.
2019 Intel Data-Centric Storage Solutions
They also announced a range of 2019 Intel data-centric storage solution :
- Intel Optane DC persistent memory, designed to deliver storage-class memory capacity to the Intel Xeon Scalable platform.
- Intel Optane SSD DC D4800X (Dual Port) combines the performance of Intel Optane DC SSDs with the data resilience required by mission-critical high-availability enterprise IT applications. Dual port capability adds redundancy to the data path to deliver continued data access in the event of failures or service operations and upgrades.
- Intel SSD D5-P4326 (Intel QLC 3D NAND) is an addition to the Intel QLC NAND SSDs for datacenter. Using 64-Layer QLC technology (4 bits/cell), the SSD D5 family offers large affordable storage capacities to read-intensive cloud workloads.
2019 Intel Ethernet 800 Series
Intel also announced the Ethernet 800 Series adapter with Application Device Queues (ADQ) technology.
It boasts port speeds of up to 100 Gbps, which is great for cloud, communications and storage solutions that require high bandwidth.
Its ADQ technology, on the other hand, increases application response time predictability, while reducing application latency and improving throughput.
2019 Intel Data-Centric Solutions Availability
The 2nd-Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors, the Intel Xeon D-1600 processor, Intel Optane DC persistent memory and Intel SSD D5-P4326 are all in general availability today.
The Intel Ethernet 800 Series adapter is sampling today, with production scheduled for Q3 2019.
The new Intel Agilex FPGA family of 10nm FPGAs will start sampling in the second half of 2019.
Intel expects systems with Intel Xeon Platinum 9200 processors to start shipping in in the first half of 2019 and ramping in the second half of the year.
Availability of the Intel Optane DC SSD D4800X will be disclosed at a later date.
- Exclusive : Microsoft Technology Centre Sydney Tour!
- The 2019 Microsoft Ignite – A Quick Tour!
- Facebook Terragraph Hits 1.7 Gbps In First Asian Trial!
- The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme In-Depth Review!
- The Four 2019 Dell G7 + G5 Gaming Laptops Revealed!
- The 2019 Acer Altos Product Showcase + Demonstration!
- Intel Core i9-9900K Preview 2.0 – World’s Best Gaming CPU?
- The 2018 SAP Southeast Asia Intelligent Enterprise Showcase
- The Intel, Seagate + Acer Keynotes @ serverDNA 3.0!
- The Intel Spectre Reboot Issue – Everything You Need To Know! Rev. 3.0
Go Back To > Business + Enterprise | Home
Support Tech ARP!