Asia has chosen their representatives to the 2019 Imagine Cup World Championships – Team Caeli from India! They also honoured Team RailinNova from China and Team AidUSC from the Philippines. Congratulations!
What Is The Imagine Cup?
Held and sponsored by Microsoft since 2003, the Imagine Cup is the world’s premier student technology competition.
Teams of students from across the globe work together with mentors and industry leaders to bring their biggest and boldest ideas to life.
- a 3-minute product presentation
- 5 minutes of hands-on time
- a Q&A session
To avoid bias and group-think, the judges evaluated the teams independently, and even used an application to anonymously tabulate the results.
The 2019 Imagine Cup Asia Winners
The 2019 Imagine Cup Asia Champion : Team Caeli from India
Team Caeli won over the hearts of the judges with their automated Anti-Pollution and Drug delivery mask specifically designed for patients that are suffering from asthma and other chronic respiratory conditions.
Their face mask had breakthrough features that will significantly improve the quality of life for patients with respiratory issues living in polluted areas.
Team Caeli will receive USD15,000 and head to the 2019 Imagine Cup World Championship, which will be held in Seattle in May.
If they win the World Championship, they will win USD100,000 in cash, a USD50,000 Azure grant, and a mentoring session with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella!
1st Runner-Up : Team RailinNova from China
Team RailinNova developed the Rail Component Inspection Robot, which determines and identifies rail defects through multi-sensor monitoring. The solution strives to help railway companies to solve any issues more efficiently, and more economically.
For their excellence, Team RailinNova will receive a USD5,000 cash prize.
2nd Runner-Up : Team AidUSC from the Philippines
Team AidUSC came up with Aqua Check, a water contamination mobile application that enables detection of contamination by taking a photo of a water sample through a microscope. It won them third place, and a USD1,000 cash prize.
Special Mention : The Other 2019 Imagine Cup Asia Teams
Having watched all 12 teams in action, we must point out that all 12 Asian teams were truly exceptional. They impressed us, not only with the depth of knowledge, but also their poise and ability to think out-of-the-box in the conception and execution of their projects.
We also admire how their projects were created with social impact in mind. This gives us great hope in the new generation of entrepreneurs, who are seeking to improve society as a whole. We are all winners with young entrepreneurs of their caliber.
Recommended Reading[adrotate group=”2″]
- Microsoft + IDC : APAC Higher Education Can Double Innovation With AI!
- World’s Oldest PM Learns Coding From Two 10 Year Old Girls!
- Minecraft Ray Tracing : Everything You Need To Know!
- Microsoft Malaysia Rated Top 10 Tech Employer In 2018!
- The 2019 Microsoft – Dell Partnership : All You Need To Know!
- The Microsoft-IDC Report On AI Growth Potential For Malaysia
- Microsoft Technology Centre Sydney : An Exclusive Tour!
- The 2019 Imagine Cup Asia Teams Introduce Themselves!
- SUFECS – Imagine Cup Asia 2019 People’s Choice Winner!
- The Five 2019 Imagine Cup Asia Judges Revealed!
- The 2019 Microsoft Ignite – A Quick Tour!
- 84% of New PCs with Pirated Software Infected with Malware!