SAP and the ASEAN Foundation just announced that application for the 2019 ASEANDSE | ASEAN Data Science Explorers programme is now open! Here are the full details!
What Is ASEANDSE | ASEAN Data Science Explorers?
The ASEANDSE (ASEAN Data Science Explorers) programme is a joint collaboration between SAP and the ASEAN Foundation. It aims to promote and galvanise the use of data science amongst ASEAN tertiary students.
It aims to do this through two key activities – a series of enablement sessions, and a data analytics competition. Since its introduction in 2017, ASEANDSE has empowered over 5,000 youths from 287 higher education institutions in the ASEAN region.
The 2019 ASEANDSE Programme
The 2019 ASEANDSE programme will be carried out from February to October 2019. It starts with enablement sessions that are designed to improve the data analytics skills and knowledge of both students and lecturers at local institutions of higher learning across the ASEAN region.
These enablement sessions will be followed by a national, and then regional, data analytics competition. At these competitions, student teams of two will present their data-driven proposals using the SAP Analytics Cloud service.
Their ASEANDSE competition proposals must tackle issues affecting their country or ASEAN in general, according to these UN Sustainable Development Goals :
- Good health and well-being
- Quality education
- Gender equality
- Decent work and economic growth
- Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- Sustainable cities and communities
One team from each ASEAN member state will be crowned as the national finalist before advancing to the 2019 ASEANDSE regional finals, which will be held in Bangkok on 16 October 2019.
There, the 10 national finalists will be given the opportunity to present their winning ideas to a panel of judges made up of distinguished representatives from the ASEAN Foundation, SAP and various government officials and selected NGO organisations.
Where To Join The 2019 ASEANDSE Programme
The 2019 ASEANDSE programme is now open for registration, until 10 May 2019. Here are the eligibility requirements :
- Nationals of ASEAN member countries (ie. Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam)
- Full-time tertiary students currently pursuing their Diploma or Undergraduate studies in one of the tertiary institutions in Southeast Asia.
- Above the age of 16 as at the start of the Contest Period. Participants under the age of 18 must obtain parental consent. The consent form is available upon registration.
If you meet those requirements, you can register here!
- The 2018 SAP Southeast Asia Intelligent Enterprise Showcase
- How SAP Concur Simplifies Travel + Expense Management At Mitsui!
- How CrowdFarmX Aims To Tackle World Hunger With SAP!
- How JG Summit Drives Digital Transformation With SAP S/4HANA
- Exclusive : Tanduay Distillers Factory Visit + Rum Tasting Tips!
- The SAP Leonardo Digital Innovation System Explained!
Go Back To > Business + Enterprise | Home