With the early access programme for Maybank Visa customers, Samsung is getting ready to roll out Samsung Pay on a massive scale in Malaysia. After their announcement of the official availability of Samsung Pay for Maybank customers, we were given the opportunity to check out just how easy it is to use Samsung Pay, instead of our credit or debit cards.
In this article, you will learn about Samsung Pay’s key features, and find out just how easy it is to use Samsung Pay.
Samsung Pay : More Than A Payment Service
Samsung Pay is a secure and easy-to-use mobile payment service that can be used almost everywhere that credit / debit / prepaid cards are accepted. It offers these key features :
- Simple : To make a payment on Samsung Pay, users can simply swipe up on their eligible Galaxy smartphone, scan their fingerprint and pay.
- Secure : Samsung Pay uses three levels of security to enable secure payments – fingerprint authentication, tokenization and Samsung KNOX, Samsung’s defense-grade mobile security platform.
- Almost Anywhere : Samsung Pay is compatible with the majority of existing and new terminals, allowing users to pay almost anywhere you can swipe or tap your card.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
- Samsung Galaxy Note5
- Samsung Galaxy A7 and A5 (2017)
- Samsung Galaxy A7 and A5 (2016)
Watch How Easy It Is To Use Samsung Pay!
In the first video, we make a payment at Marks & Spencer (M&S). They are still using the older MST terminal, but look at how easy and fast it is to use Samsung Pay, instead of a credit card.
The steps on using Samsung Pay can be summarised as such :
- Swipe up on the screen of your Samsung smartphone, and Samsung Pay appears
- Swipe left and right in Samsung Pay to select the credit / debit / prepaid card you want to use
- Press on the fingerprint sensor or key in the pin number to authenticate the transaction
- Tap your Samsung smartphone on the credit card terminal
That’s it! Whether it’s an older MST terminal, or the newer NFC terminal, the payment’s authenticated and accepted.
Samsung Pay Support In Malaysia
Samsung Pay is currently supported by Maybank, and these participating merchants :
|Beauty & Wellness
– Caring Pharmacy
– Castania Nut Boutique
Departmental Stores / Supermarkets
Leisure & Entertainment
– Charles & Keith
– Pepe Jeans London
– PK Time
– Sports Direct
– Studio R
– Under Armour
– Urban Republic
– Why Pay More
|Food & Beverages
– Carl’s Jr.
– Garrett Popcorn
– Hakata Ippudo
– Kenny Rogers Roasters
– Krispy Kreme
– La Juiceria
– NY Steak Shack
– Red Lobster
– The Library
– The Manhattan Fish Market
Samsung Malaysia will be announcing the other banks and merchants that will be supporting Samsung Pay during the official launch in the coming weeks. So stay tuned!