Doogee S1 Smartwatch
The S1 is Doogee’s first attempt at a smartwatch. It checks off all of the key smartwatch features – dust and water-resistance, heart rate monitor, sports assist software, and the ability to change watch faces and install additional apps. On top of that, the Doogee S1 even comes with a 3G SIM card slot and a 2 MP side camera!
The Doogee S1 has a 1.54″ IPS touch display with a resolution of 240 x 240 pixels. It is powered by the MediaTek MT6572 dual-core processor, with 512 MB of RAM and 4 GB of internal storage. Although the battery lifespan is not known, we can confirm that the Doogee S1 has a large 600 mAh battery.
The Doogee S1 smartwatch is IP67-certified, which means it can be taken down into waters as deep as 1 m for at least 30 minutes. That makes it suitable to wear during showers or swims in a pool or the sea.
Interestingly, the Doogee S1 smartwatch also has a camera on the right side. Although Doogee quotes a 5 MP resolution for it, it has a 2 MP sensor that can create a 5 MP picture (by default) via software extrapolation.
The Doogee S1 smartwatch will be available at Q2 2016 with the retail price of RM 599 / ~US$ 149. It is only available in one colour – black.
First Look At The Doogee S1
This video shows the key features of the Doogee S1 smartwatch, including its side camera. Note the default setting of 5 MP for its 2 MP camera.
- Runs on Android 4.4
- MediaTek MT6752 dual-core processor
- 512 MB RAM + 4 GB flash storage
- 1.54″ IPS touch display (240 x 240 pixels)
- 3G data capability with one SIM slot
- 600 mAh lithium-ion battery
- IP67-rated dust- and water-resistance
- 2 MP side camera, with software extrapolation to 5 MP
- Health app support : Heart rate meter, sports statistics
- Only available in the Black colour