Did China just threaten the West with a repeat of the Battle of Waterloo in the South China Sea?
Find out what is this new Chinese threat going viral on social media, and what the FACTS really are…
Claim : China threatens West with Battle of Waterloo in South China Sea!
In the viral poster being shared on social media, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying is seen warning Western powers – Don’t Let It Become Your Waterloo! with a hypothetical scenario.
China threatens West with Waterloo in South China Sea : Complete BS
Fact #1 : Hua Chunying Never Threatened Waterloo
Anyone who checks Hua Chunying’s official Twitter account can confirm that she never posted such a threat.
She may be sarcastic and controversial in her remarks, but she is the official spokesperson for the Chinese Foreign Ministry.
Such an overt threat of military action against the US, UK, Australia and Japan, will be seen as an official declaration of hostile intent by China.
Fact #2 : Chinese Censors Would Not Have Allowed Such Fake News, Unless…
Such a fake post would not be allowed to be shared on social media, especially Chinese microblogs, without the expressed permission of the Chinese government.
We should also not forget that they quickly clamped down on Dr. Li Wenliang when he tried to warn his fellow doctors about COVID-19, forcing him to sign a letter promising not to do it again.
So it would only be possible for any Chinese-related fake news to be spread so widely, with the tacit approval of the Chinese government.
Fact #3 : EMP Weapons Can Disable Ships + Planes, But…
EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) weapons can be used to disrupt or destroy electronics on ships and planes, but they are not magical weapons as claimed in the post :
- High-Altitude EMP (HEMP) weapons detonate nuclear warheads in the stratosphere to disrupt electronics in a wide area.
- Non-Nuclear EMP (NNEMP) weapons that use high explosives to deliver a much smaller electromagnetic pulse.
- High-Powered Microwave (HPM) weapons like magnetrons and vircators – think of them as primitive versions of the ion cannons you see in Star Wars.
A Chinese HEMP weapon would destroy electronics in a very large area (including their own), so it won’t be deployed close to their own coast. This is something they would deploy against the US homeland.
An NNEMP missile would be something the Chinese would use against a carrier group, affecting a relatively small area – several dozen kilometres. However, these missiles would require constant targeting data, or the carrier group could simply move out of danger in mere minutes.
HPM weapons are still rather primitive with very short range. They also cannot target mass targets like EMP weapons.
Fact #4 : Disabled Missiles Won’t Return To Base
We applaud the writer for his/her creativity, but unlike regular mail, missiles don’t come with a return address.
Missiles disabled by EMP weapons, or electronic jammers, will just lose direction or fall harmlessly out of the sky.
They won’t, however, fly back to their base like homing pigeons. Neither can the Chinese reprogram them to return to base…
Fact #5 : China Is The Aggressor Here
While the writer warns of reprisals if the US, UK, Australia and Japan attack, the fact of the matter is – China is the aggressor in the South China Sea.
Whatever may have happened in the past, the US, UK, Australia and Japan are not the ones illegally building artificial islands, or militarising them, or threatening harm to passing ships and planes.
There is no danger of the US, UK, Australia or Japan attacking China. No one in the right mind would believe in such nonsense.
Rather, the danger lies in Chinese overreach in the South China Sea sparking a war, like how Hitler’s overreach with the invasion of Poland started World War 2.
Arguably, only an attack on Taiwan would draw the Western powers (sans Japan) to intervene militarily, and a military occupation of the Senkaku Islands would force Japan and the US to respond militarily.
Fact #6 : China Would Be The French At Waterloo
It’s not certain why China would warn the Western powers and Japan that they would face their own Battle of Waterloo.
In the Battle of Waterloo, it was Napoleon who attacked the allied forces from Prussia, the UK, the Netherlands, Hanover, Brunswick and Nassau.
In this fan fiction, China would be the French at Waterloo, fighting against the allied forces from the US, UK, Australia and Japan.
Is the writer suggesting that China is bound to lose against the allied forces? Interesting…
- Mark Zuckerberg Fact Check : My Wife China And Not Pretty
- Fact Check : US Navy Withdraws After Chinese Jamming?
- Fact Check : Wear A Face Mask In Car Or Get FINED RM1,000!
- Fact Check : Morgue Employee Cremated By Mistake?
- Fact Check : Did This Man Break His Home Quarantine?
- Home Quarantine Flouters : How Much Of A Risk Are They?
- Did Fauci Write That Angry COVID-19 Post : How Dare You?
- Fact Check : Malaysia Is Entering 3rd Wave Of COVID-19?
- Fact Check : Science Supports Pig As Haram With Proofs?
- Free Influenza Vaccine Expiring Soon : Should You Take It?
- Dexamethasone : Do NOT Self-Medicate Against COVID-19!
- Fact Check: Changi Airport Passengers Must Wear PPE Suits?
- Fact Check : Lincoln Memorial Defaced By BLM Protestors!
- George Floyd Challenge Exposed : Racist + Dangerous!
- GrabFood : How Burgertory Exposed Potential Discrimination!
- Fact Check : White House Lights Out With Trump In Bunker?
- Fact Check : White Cops Arrest Black Man, Finds He’s FBI!
- Fact Check : US Protestors Asking China For Help!
- Android Wallpaper Malware Explained + Solved!
- Fact Check : Flower of the Holy Spirit – From Saint To Dove!
- Fact Check : George Floyd Protestors Broke Into White House!
- Fact Check : Rev. Patrick Mahoney Hypocrisy On Protests
- HUAWEI Receives World’s First CC EAL4+ Certificate For 5G!
- THREE Fake CIMB Bank Call + SMS Scams!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Galaxy S20 Secure Processor : How It Protects Your Data!
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra : An In-Depth Review!
- HUAWEI P40 Smartphones : What Apps Can You Install?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- Scam Alert : Fake PS4 Promotions On Facebook!
- Fact Check : Prolonged Use of Face Mask Causes Hypoxia!
- GrabPay Scam : Don’t Link Your Debit Card / Bank Account!
Go Back To > Fact Checks | Aerospace + Travel | Home
Support Tech ARP!