Last week, AMD invited us to a tech briefing on the AMD Ryzen 3 processors for the mainstream desktop market. This is a follow-up to their earlier teaser on the Ryzen 3, when they revealed the Ryzen Threadripper processor. We managed to create a video of both their presentation, as well as the Q&A session after that. Check them out!
The AMD Ryzen 3 Processors Revealed!
The tech briefing session was hosted by AMD PR Manager Iain Bristow, with three AMD spokespersons – James Prior (Senior Product Manager for AMD Client Desktop), Don Woligroski (Global Marketing Manager for AMD Desktop Processors) and Robert Hallock (Head of Global Technical Marketing, AMD).
In this 22-minute video presentation, they detailed the key performance advantages of the new Ryzen 3 processors over their Intel Core i3 competitors. They also talked about the introduction of the 7th Generation AMD A-Series and Athlon processors to the Socket AM4 platform.
The AMD team then took questions from members of the media for 10 minutes on the new Ryzen 3 processors.
Here are the key points :
- The AMD Ryzen 3 processors have four processors cores, capable of processing 4 simultaneous threads.
- All AMD Ryzen 3 processors feature the AMD SenseMI technology, and are multiplier-unlocked.
- The first two AMD Ryzen 3 processors are the Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200.[adrotate group=”2″]
- They will both come with the low-profile AMD Wraith Stealth cooler.
- The AMD Ryzen 3 1300X is up to 29% faster than the Intel Core i3-7300.
- The AMD Ryzen 3 1300X is up to 17% faster than the Intel Core i3-7100.
- AMD will make the Wraith MAX cooler, with RGB LED control, available for purchase for US$ 59.
- AMD also announced the worldwide availability of the 7th Generation A-Series and Athlon processors to cater to entry-level PCs.
- They also announced the availability of BIOS updates based on AGESA 126.96.36.199 (AMD Generic Encapsulated Software Architecture) which allows for better overclockability with 3200 MHz DDR4 memory compatibility.
|Specifications||AMD Ryzen 3
|AMD Ryzen 3
|Cores / Threads||4 / 4||4 / 4|
|Core Clock Speed||3.5 GHz||3.1 GHz|
|Boost Clock Speed||3.7 GHz||3.4 GHz|
|XFR Speed||3.9 GHz||3.45 GHz|
|L2 Cache Size||2 MB||2 MB|
|L3 Cache Size||8 MB||8 MB|
|Max. TDP||65 W||65 W|
Price & Availability
The AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and 1200 processors are available right now at the following price points :
- Ryzen 3 1300X : US$129 / RM599
- Ryzen 3 1200 : $109 / RM519
Next Page > The AMD Ryzen 3 Presentation Slides
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: The AMD Ryzen 3 Specifications & Availability Revealed! - Tech ARP
Pingback: The best processor for under $150? Ryzen 3 shines on the testbed – purehavuk Gaming
Pingback: Daily Roundup: 2017-07-28 - Bjorn3D.com
Pingback: Everything You Need To Know About The Intel Coffee Lake CPUs!
Pingback: The AMD Ryzen 2 Price, Specifications & Availability Leaked! - Tech ARP
Pingback: The AMD Ryzen 2 Price, Specifications & Availability Leaked! Rev. 2.0 - Tech ARP
Pingback: Confirmed : AMD K10 And K8 Processors Also Vulnerable To Spectre - Tech ARP