Last week, AMD invited us to a tech briefing on the AMD Ryzen 3 processors for the mainstream desktop market. This is a follow-up to their earlier teaser on the Ryzen 3, when they revealed the Ryzen Threadripper processor. We managed to create a video of both their presentation, as well as the Q&A session after that. Check them out!
The AMD Ryzen 3 Processors Revealed!
The tech briefing session was hosted by AMD PR Manager Iain Bristow, with three AMD spokespersons – James Prior (Senior Product Manager for AMD Client Desktop), Don Woligroski (Global Marketing Manager for AMD Desktop Processors) and Robert Hallock (Head of Global Technical Marketing, AMD).
In this 22-minute video presentation, they detailed the key performance advantages of the new Ryzen 3 processors over their Intel Core i3 competitors. They also talked about the introduction of the 7th Generation AMD A-Series and Athlon processors to the Socket AM4 platform.
The AMD team then took questions from members of the media for 10 minutes on the new Ryzen 3 processors.
Here are the key points :
- The AMD Ryzen 3 processors have four processors cores, capable of processing 4 simultaneous threads.
- All AMD Ryzen 3 processors feature the AMD SenseMI technology, and are multiplier-unlocked.
- The first two AMD Ryzen 3 processors are the Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200.
- They will both come with the low-profile AMD Wraith Stealth cooler.
- The AMD Ryzen 3 1300X is up to 29% faster than the Intel Core i3-7300.
- The AMD Ryzen 3 1300X is up to 17% faster than the Intel Core i3-7100.
- AMD will make the Wraith MAX cooler, with RGB LED control, available for purchase for US$ 59.
- AMD also announced the worldwide availability of the 7th Generation A-Series and Athlon processors to cater to entry-level PCs.
- They also announced the availability of BIOS updates based on AGESA 188.8.131.52 (AMD Generic Encapsulated Software Architecture) which allows for better overclockability with 3200 MHz DDR4 memory compatibility.
|Specifications||AMD Ryzen 3
|AMD Ryzen 3
|Cores / Threads||4 / 4||4 / 4|
|Core Clock Speed||3.5 GHz||3.1 GHz|
|Boost Clock Speed||3.7 GHz||3.4 GHz|
|XFR Speed||3.9 GHz||3.45 GHz|
|L2 Cache Size||2 MB||2 MB|
|L3 Cache Size||8 MB||8 MB|
|Max. TDP||65 W||65 W|
Price & Availability
The AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and 1200 processors are available right now at the following price points :
- Ryzen 3 1300X : US$129 / RM599
- Ryzen 3 1200 : $109 / RM519
Next Page > The AMD Ryzen 3 Presentation Slides